WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I may be wrong, but those hands look mismatched...

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
You will need the serial number from the movement to date it correctly. As Shangas has mentioned the hands look mismatched to me as well. A picture of the movement would be of much more help.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the tool to open it myself. I'll take it to my local watchmaker tomorrow and post a pic of the movement afterwards. It didn't occur to me that the hands might be mismatched, but perhaps that's something else to investigate. Here's a closer view of the hands. Cheers.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Here is a picture of the hands on another Omega. You will see the difference between the hands.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yep. The hour and minute hands are mismatched. I suspect that the minute-hand was lost or broken and had that current one replace it when a more matching replacement couldn't be found. A watchmaker should be able to rectify that problem though. That particular style of hands ('Spade' hands, aren't they?) was a very common and popular style.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Here is a pic of the movement if that is any help, thanks.

It was produced between 1935 and 1939 approximately. If the list of serial numbers I have is correct. The movement looks similar to the Omega 40.6L T2, but I can't be sure. I am sure you will get a better answer then mine soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts