WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if you guys could help with some more info on this watch. I’m trying to determine if the dial is original and matches the movement. Sorry for my photos. I have no talent as a photographer. Best I could manage.

Thanks for your time
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
most likely not the original dial and it has "T" before Swiss that's odd that they didn't use that in 1950

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
If you search on omega "2577-14", you'll see similar watches, some with different movements (354 instead of 351).

Does the dial have any lume at all? It doesn't look like it from the pics, and the hands definitely aren't lumed, so the T marking makes it look even more like the wrong dial.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you search on omega "2577-14", you'll see similar watches, some with different movements (354 instead of 351).

Does the dial have any lume at all? It doesn't look like it from the pics, and the hands definitely aren't lumed, so the T marking makes it look even more like the wrong dial.
Yeah the t-swiss is what gives me pause as well. I don’t see any obvious lume but I have a vintage universal that I know is original (grandfather bought it new) that also is labeled t-swiss made and it doesn’t shine at all 50 yrs later so I’m not sure. It would seem that omega started using tritium in 60s but that movement is from 50s? Hoping I’m wrong

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I'm not sure when they started using tritium, but it could have a service dial and hands from the tritium era. Tritium paint stops glowing after 25-ish years, based on the vintage tritium watches I have. If you hit it with a UV flashlight, it will glow, then will fade quickly when the UV is turned off. The UV light is also handy for finding bits of lume that have flaked off and are randomly scattered around the dial.

·
Premium Member
13,464 Posts
from year 1953-1954 approx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Georges did they have tritium at that time? Does the dial seem to match the movement? Agree the movement is from that period but can't find any similar dials

1 - 8 of 8 Posts