WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one yesterday at the Blade Show and really liked it.

But I have to wonder if it really offers anything too much more than a resin cased Luminox diver.

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
I own a plastic-cased Tawatec quartz diver ... no different from the plastic cased Luminox or Trasers, IMHO, except for the larger dial diameter. Not special, but a nice enough and functional watch.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I own 3 of them, two resin cased models and a titanium "titan". Good watches, but the same as Luminox. I just like the looks of them better with bigger dials and design. Just don't pay retail for one, they can be found on amazon and ebay for around $200-250 for the resin cased and $350-400 for the MUCH better made titanium models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have owned a Tawatec titan in a combat zone for about 5 months.Very impressed black finish is holding up amazingly. I like the multicolored tritiumon the dial (Cool Factor) makes telling time in darkness a lot faster. I have owned Luminox for awhile and really like the Tawatec the watch just fits me better. And if it can make it here it must be a tough watch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have owned a Tawatec titan in a combat zone for about 5 months.Very impressed black finish is holding up amazingly. I like the multicolored tritiumon the dial (Cool Factor) makes telling time in darkness a lot faster. I have owned Luminox for awhile and really like the Tawatec the watch just fits me better. And if it can make it here it must be a tough watch.
I have this exact same watch and have owned it for 6 months now, I have to say it is an awesome watch for allot of reasons.

Its really light and comforatable to wear especially in a combat zone where you dont take your watch off for a month at a time and the fact you dont get wrist fatigue is great.

I am guessing this watch was designed by a soldier or with close consultation with soldiers because the little things on this watch really stand out, like the lug being on the 9 instead of the 3 - if you do push ups you know about lug spear, the multicolour tritium, big dial and the readability of this watch from all angles is awesome also the lightness and comfort of the watch and the breathability of the strap sweat and moisture-wise.

Its really great that finally a true military watch has come out instead of the whole luminox, traser watch line that are pure gimmicks, Its a joke in the teams about the whole luminox thing no seal I know would be caught dead wearing either of the two mentioned luminox and traser brands - its all GShock, timex, seiko and odd Suunto, but I honestly think tawatec might be a serious contender to be seen on SF troopers wrists in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts