WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I am about to buy a brand new Casio G-Shock GW-M5610

Other then the auto EL issue (which I could care less about since I don't use it) is there any other issues with this watch? I read somebody had an issue where the resin fell off the watch(I assume it got caught on something and pulled away from the 4 screws holding it)

Thanks

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
What issue with auto EL? Getting it snagged on something isn't an issue either.

Please explain more, otherwise it's a great watch, unless you don't like red lines~

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
89 Posts
The red stripe is an issue - some people like it, others don't. What other issues could there possibly be? It's a watch...

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,201 Posts
Well loved and widely used watch in this forum.

There is a lemon every now and then as with every product.
But i dont see a pattern for the 5610.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Biggest problem I have with mine is that it’s so comfortable, useful, accurate, and good-looking that it keeps me from wearing my other watches! I bought it with the intent of using it as a “beater” watch, but now I find myself wearing it for everything from auto or yard work all the way to wearing it with a suit to the office.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I really like the model except that I find the particular resin formulation used on the 5610 uncomfortable. By comparison, I find the resin on my DW-5735 very comfortable. Other than that, the functionality and looks are darn near perfect.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had mine only from this year, but anyway: it's been great.

I have Jaysandkays adapters on it and a fabric strap that follows the red stripe motif (I dig the stripe and wanted to coordinate the whole watch according to it, and also don't like resin bands that much), and it looks fab and delightfully 80s :-d, is very light, and of course can take anything I throw at it. Let's see how the solar charging holds up through the winter, but so far it's just "wheeee" !

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've had mine for nearly a year (a Christmas treat to myself) and have had no issues at all.

I do have a minor niggle though:
Many owners complain about the 'weak' alarm but personally I find the volume to be perfectly adequate, after all it is a wristwatch and not a grandfather clock!
I have no problem hearing it and the hourly chime is just right, acts as a reminder without being too conspicuous in company or in a theatre for example.
The 'weakness' for me is the fact (in common with most low to mid-range Casios) is that the alarms are daily.
You can set multiple alarms which is great but unless you cancel them, they will go off at the same times every single day. It would be much better if you could select specific days so as not to have to cancel and reset all the time.

Other than that, the 5610 is pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
142 Posts
without being too conspicuous in company or in a theatre for example.
:)

On the other hand, theatre, hmmm, if everyone in the audience had an hourly chime on, it would be a terrible "beep bloop klingg chirp mooh toot" at the hour mark, throughout the whole place, spreading spatially and temporally, the temporal spread depending on how accurate everyone's timepieces are. My take on this is, if it wouldn't actually be that nice if everyone did it, it's just nice to disable such sounds when in a place like that ;-) ... But now I digress horribly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
:)

On the other hand, theatre, hmmm, if everyone in the audience had an hourly chime on, it would be a terrible "beep bloop klingg chirp mooh toot" at the hour mark, throughout the whole place, spreading spatially and temporally, the temporal spread depending on how accurate everyone's timepieces are. My take on this is, if it wouldn't actually be that nice if everyone did it, it's just nice to disable such sounds when in a place like that ;-) ... But now I digress horribly.
Good point, but at least with a 5610 audience members would be less likely to turn around and scowl at you.......assuming they heard your beeps over the incessant munching of popcorn and rustling of confectionery wrappers in the first place ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had one and really liked the look. The the dw5600e, gw5000, and dw5035 all fit me perfectly but the gwm5610 was either too tight or too loose. It would never fit comfortably. The case size is slightly smaller than the other squares I mentioned and couple of millimeters made all the difference for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 70 Posts