WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was given this by my grandfather and know nothing about it is it a auto windup battery powered? tryied looking up the company nothing? it is dated 1974 and has "limited c 0036" i stole the pic off ebay look for info on it?

:thanks

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
I would expect a watch for the US Bicentennial year to be a wind-up. Quartz was still exotic/expensive or digital, and self-winding is just silly in a pocket watch (yes I know some companies make them, but it's still not practical).

If you can post pictures of your own watch, we can get more of an idea of the quality and origin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would expect a watch for the US Bicentennial year to be a wind-up. Quartz was still exotic/expensive or digital, and self-winding is just silly in a pocket watch (yes I know some companies make them, but it's still not practical).

If you can post pictures of your own watch, we can get more of an idea of the quality and origin.
it is mint still in box never used was given it when i was 5 and put up i well put up some pics when i find where i put the my camera

thanks

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Oooooh!!!

Jeeze, I had such trouble reading your post without the punctuation, Dismuke! LOL!!

Quartz, battery-powered watches were still rather new in the 1970s so I doubt that this watch is one of those. I agree with Chascomn that it's probably a handwound mechanical.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,210 Posts
Bradley Time was a division of Elgin National Industries, Inc., and made a lot of watches for Disney. For example:

http://www.mickey.mouse-watches.com/
Interesting! So I guess for the Bicentennial watch we would probably be looking at a low-grade Swiss wind-up wristwatch movement (EB, BFG, Semag, Ronda etc) possibly cased up in the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts