WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to share their thoughts on this watch. It’s recently caught my eye and am interested in how it’s been received in this com

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love mine. Beautiful. Large but not too large IMHO. I also like that it has MB6, Bluetooth and GPS for time adjustment.

Definitely one of my favourites.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Great watch but try before you buy.

I loved mine but it was just too big to be practical for every day use so it went.
You might think different but try it for size before shelling out, it's not a cheap watch.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My GPW-2000 is among the favorites in my collection.
20190130_215042.jpg

Pros
- wears very well for its size
- great strap (cf insert, thick but supple)
- good lume
- very good readability, functionality and layout make it a pleasure to use

Cons
- light is almost too bright
- Connected app could definitely be better
- strap buckle a bit large IMO (though I switched it with my GWG1000 buckle and both watches were better for it)
- size does hinder in some situations (like any large piece)

20181010_091500.jpg

If you found one at a reasonable price, I doubt you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yep, I chose to wear it today before even seeing this post.

·
Registered
103 Posts
While I'm not crazy about the one you have pictured, too many colours and angles, I do like the more monochrome ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the older GPW-1000 at a great price. It is a very large watch

I had one of these as well. I enjoyed it a lot but ended up selling it as it was just too big for my liking

·
Registered
236 Posts
I own the GPW 2000 Gravitymaster and love everything about it. I have a small G-Shock collection and it is one of my favorites. I love the size, design, fit, and all of the features packed into this watch.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I've got the 35th anniversary GPW-2000 and I prefer it to my GPW-1000. The GPW-2000 wears a little smaller, better readability IMMO, has a screw down crown. Bluetooth connection offers more expansion of the watch's features and eases any changes in the set up. I prefer the screw down crown as on several occasions both my GPW-1000 & MT-G-G1000 the crown has inadvertently unlocked, which is obviously undesireavle and possibly why Casio has shifted away to the more traditional screw down crown.

35th anniversary GPW-2000 isn't for the modest mind :-d
GPW-2000TFB-Gravitymaster.jpg
GPW-2000TFB-1A gravitymaster

Q-6

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It's a nice, good-looking watch, but it definitely got overshadowed by the previous gen GPW-1000, which had a big fanbase on this forum and for good reason. The 1000 just feels a cut above in terms of build quality and fit and finish. I own and enjoy both though and recommend them. You should be able to find some good deals now on the 2000.

IMAG7606.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have just looked at the GPW-1000. How does it compare against the newer GPW-2000?

It's a nice, good-looking watch, but it definitely got overshadowed by the previous gen GPW-1000, which had a big fanbase on this forum and for good reason. The 1000 just feels a cut above in terms of build quality and fit and finish. I own and enjoy both though and recommend them. You should be able to find some good deals now on the 2000.

View attachment 13976717

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Have just looked at the GPW-1000. How does it compare against the newer GPW-2000?
The only significant difference is that the 2000 added Bluetooth functionality, which is nice to have but not really essential.

Reactions: memento_mori

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
To me the 2000 has the better build quality, pushers have less lateral play and the inclusion of the screw down crown. What the 1000 has is a stronger more aggressive look, more typical of G-Shock. The initial 1000 also suffered the band surface cracking. My Black one has this issue, the Orange fine no issues..

Q-6

·
Registered
553 Posts
The GPW-2000 is a bit big, but a good quality watch. Fun to wear, but not with my leather jacket, it's too bulky to fit comfortably under the sleeve.
For office use it's completely ridicilous, no need for a g-shock there. (Wearing it anyway)

20190207_180149.jpg

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's weird that they launched this model with three versions, added one special edition and in nearly two years since then nothing - no new alternative colour variations at all, when the GPW-1000 had over a dozen variants. I've been holding out for one without orange or red colour accents since they launched, but nothing. I don't know if that means sales have not met expectations.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It's weird that they launched this model with three versions, added one special edition and in nearly two years since then nothing - no new alternative colour variations at all, when the GPW-1000 had over a dozen variants. I've been holding out for one without orange or red colour accents since they launched, but nothing. I don't know if that means sales have not met expectations.
That's exactly what it means. No reason to invest in a line with lackluster returns. This was an $800 watch when it launched. People ain't gonna dish out that kinda coin on a G-Shock unless the watch has that "it" factor that this one apparently doesn't have. Doesn't mean it's a bad watch though, far from it. But the choice between spending that kinda money on this or an MT-G ain't no choice at all.

·
Registered
873 Posts
That's exactly what it means. No reason to invest in a line with lackluster returns. This was an $800 watch when it launched. People ain't gonna dish out that kinda coin on a G-Shock unless the watch has that "it" factor that this one apparently doesn't have. Doesn't mean it's a bad watch though, far from it. But the choice between spending that kinda money on this or an MT-G ain't no choice at all.
Shame. I really wanted one for the overall design and GPS time, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money on any watch that has any characteristics that I really dislike (i.e. those orange/red accents...). The colours of the new GWR-1000 are much more to my taste, but now they have taken away the GPS sync. :/

1 - 20 of 25 Posts