WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gentlemen,
Havn't posted here in a long time. But I'm glad to be back. So, My question is,
I'm looking into getting an MI-III in black with the blue G stamp on the front. anyone here have it, and does the black paint wear off the metal.

Thanks
Felix

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I answered my own question. I did a search, and found many answers.

Thanks Anyway!:-D

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Felix,

I don't have this watch (that's why I didn't look at this thread at first), but I think you have found several threads where this question is asked. There are more Casio watches with this coating. I have a PRG-80YT myself, which I wear quiet often. I think the coating is very strong. I have no scratches on it yet. I think it's possible to scratch it eventually when scratching it with sharp metal objects, but under normal circumstances the coating stands quiet well.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sjors

:-!

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
i have had the MTG910DA with black ion coating

with everyday wear in the office, i have zero (0) marks anywhere on the bracelet. though i didn't exactly baby the watch, i didn't try to beat it up neither

i think the coating is good enough for everyday use (ditto on sjors)

one thing to keep in mind, if you do put a scratch on the black coating, it will stick out like a sore thumb :-(

·
Registered
68 Posts
I agree, I have this watch. I think its looks alone far outweigh any other consideration, so I try to be careful with it! It does seem quite tough though.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
they do look good (personal perference)

and on top of that, they cost in the low to mid $100's. if it gets scratches, let it get scratches (battle scars on a watch tell people something about the owner ;-) )

its not like you put a scratch on a $5000 Kobold SMG Tactical (http://www.koboldwatch.com/products/smg_tactical.htm, PVD coating should be quite tough though. i would imagine its tougher than the black ion coating that Casio uses)

(i have nothing against kobold watches, the matter in fact, i am very much into their (Kobold watches) styling. i think they looks fantastic. i just wish that they (pretty all watch manufacturer) will put more lume on their product. :) but putting a scratch on a $5k watches *feels* different than putting a scratch on a $150 watch :-D both are bad, but one is worse than the other)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts