WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall...

I just picked up a quartz 38mm Max Bill - quartz, and I love the look of this piece and makes me want to pick up another vintage-inspired piece (that isn't actually vintage) that is smaller ~36mm or less. I like the dome shaped glass and the simple styling. You guys know any good looking ones that get a lot of love around here? Doesn't need to be bauhaus inspired... just smart and tasteful...

Requirements:

36mm or less
Date function
thin case
vintage styling
quartz or automatic...
prefer - dome shaped glass, not dealbreaker though
prefer - some color on the dial

since posts are boring without pics... I'll let you guys ogle my Max Bill.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
View attachment 6695026
Longines Heritage Conquest. 35mm and just beautiful. Wish I had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one imaged here is the limited edition piece where only 600 were made and they sold out virtually immediately. They are quite rare to find on the secondary market. The regular production model has a date window at 12:00 and these can be found. I love this watch and own one of the limited edition pieces. it is thin (10mm), only 35mm across, automatic and vintage as all heck.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The Longines conquest is actually exactly what I am looking for. I actually prefer it with date. Nice rec... the only thing is, I am a poor grad student atm and the price is way over my head. But this is something that I will definitely try out once I have some cash.

Keep the recs coming guys...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mido Commander, one of my favorite watches and one of the few keepers in my collection. Still brings a smile everytime I take a look at it on my wrist, just phenomenal design.
View attachment 6695394
They have a "modernized" version as well that just lost the charm, the original still rocks and can be had for a good price.
Cool. like the lugless design. A bit "disco-tech" (is that the right description?) for my taste, but I do like it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the price isn't too bad if it isn't made from precious metal. Maybe this will be my graduation present to myself in couple years. Really loving this one.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any more recommendation guys?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cmon guys! Bring me some more rec's!

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Used Rolex Air King?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The one imaged here is the limited edition piece where only 600 were made and they sold out virtually immediately. They are quite rare to find on the secondary market. The regular production model has a date window at 12:00 and these can be found. I love this watch and own one of the limited edition pieces. it is thin (10mm), only 35mm across, automatic and vintage as all heck.

Yea it's pretty fantastic. I think my local Longines AD still has one. Or maybe they had the solid gold version.

·
Registered
137 Posts
On the more affordable side, look at the orient bambino. There's a few variations.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not what you were asking, but....

Based on that picture of Max Bill on your wrist, the way to go, IMO, would be UP - not DOWN - in case size.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think you struggle to do better than a Tissot Visodate:
Not sure if this is serious.

I'd somewhat understand if you added "for the money", in which case it would still be unlikely, but at least debatable - and I could point out about 5 alternatives around the same $350-450 price point (grey market). For instance, Edox pictured below.

As stated though, it's just laughable. Case in point: OP would do better with pretty much ANYTHING else recommended in this thread.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts