WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody resurrected an old thread about new purchases a couple of weeks ago, but I thought I'd start a fresh one for twenty/twenty-one.
Since COVID-19 has shot down any plans for travel, I figured some of you may have redirected your savings towards a new watch. Since watch fairs are on hold for the foreseeable future, I'm sure the brands will bombard Instagram and the like with teaser pics of their upcoming releases.

Anyway, I finally snagged a Black Bay 58 just before Christmas and I also snapped up an unexpected 1970 Tudor Ranger, so that's me sorted for a while.
If anything, 2021 will be the year of culling a few of my lesser-worn watches.
In saying that though, it will more than likely not happen this year, but I'd still love to snag a vintage Rolex 6694 model at some point;

Pic courtesy of Fratello Watches.com

Something about this classic design, especially with silver dial and gold hands & markers, really encompasses what I like in a plain wristwatch. The quintessential 'Urban Guy's Wristwatch'.

Anyway, what about you?
Any new pieces planned for this year?
Your collection getting a shake-up?
More going out than coming in?
Anything?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I went a bit mad last year so probably wont buy anything this year. I told myself this in November last year but bought this in December so I dont trust my internal dialogue.
Im a terror for impulse buys. This RM is a perfect example. Never been on my radar. Never tried one on. Just glossed over them in the windows. On the wrist however its a completely different watch. I was so blown away by it I am seriously considering the blue dial variant. It looks horrific on the website but in the metal the dial is stunning. Also eyeing the Tudor BB GMT. So after telling myself im not buying anymore, it now looks like my other personality has lined up 2 watches this year. I wonder which personality will win.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Unlikely for me. Happy to have got my PO in 2019 for my birthday in 2020. If I see something I believe may increase value, I might buy it.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Doubt it. After purchasing my Ceramic PO, I'm happy with what I've got, at the moment.
However, who knows for sure, my 'local' Rolex AD might inform me that he has some unsold sport models in stock!! :unsure: :LOL:

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dad recently found his old Rolex which I was sure must have been lost as it hadn't been seen in donkeys years. It's now coming my way next time we meet(which in lockdown will likely be whenever he has to come up for his Covid vaccine) as he said it's too small for him now. He seems to remember the movement is rusty so my money will be going into getting that repaired.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Somebody resurrected an old thread about new purchases a couple of weeks ago, but I thought I'd start a fresh one for twenty/twenty-one.
Since COVID-19 has shot down any plans for travel, I figured some of you may have redirected your savings towards a new watch. Since watch fairs are on hold for the foreseeable future, I'm sure the brands will bombard Instagram and the like with teaser pics of their upcoming releases.

Anyway, I finally snagged a Black Bay 58 just before Christmas and I also snapped up an unexpected 1970 Tudor Ranger, so that's me sorted for a while.
If anything, 2021 will be the year of culling a few of my lesser-worn watches.
In saying that though, it will more than likely not happen this year, but I'd still love to snag a vintage Rolex 6694 model at some point;

View attachment 15670745

Pic courtesy of Fratello Watches.com

Something about this classic design, especially with silver dial and gold hands & markers, really encompasses what I like in a plain wristwatch. The quintessential 'Urban Guy's Wristwatch'.

Anyway, what about you?
Any new pieces planned for this year?
Your collection getting a shake-up?
More going out than coming in?
Anything?
Can we see some pics of that 70's Ranger!?

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
Well......I got my Dark Side around Xmas, and had “planned” for that to be it into 2021.....but, you know how it goes.....so

L-R......
Casio MT-G Sea and wildlife LE.....not everyone’s cup of tea, but I like it
Dark Side.....strap monster and the king of my collection
Helson carbon 45......owned one before, and a rare re-buy for me......built like a tank, but super light, with crazy lume
Yema Spacegraf.....whimsical purchase, maybe to small for my wrist....will see if it lasts...

......and I’m in the midst of a culling of the herd, so who knows what might be on the horizon once those PayPal funds start to stack up!

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Highly unlikely, but never say never. Those I am tempted by would need to be seen in the flesh and that won’t be happening anytime soon.

Nigel

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Nothing in the cards for me this year. My last purchase was my '57 Railmaster Reissue for my 50th in January of 2020;

20210118_091839.jpg

OMEGA '57 Railmaster Reissue

I just celebrated one year of stewardship on the 14th, so my next time goal for a new acquisition is again on my birthday in 2022.

I'm done with selling watches. For me, moving forward, I'll take my time researching, and narrowing down some watches that I love. This will give me time to save up for the purchase and also to be absolutely certain that I want the chosen watch in the collection.

20210103_144258.jpg

My current collection.

I've been tempted by a HAMILTON Khaki Field Mechanical 38mm to add as an everyday "beater" in the interim, but I'm hesitant to fall into the old trap of buying...and buying...etc. Besides, I don't have a problem wearing any of my watches on a daily basis.

hamilton-khaki-field-mechanicals-1.jpg

Picture borrowed from Deployant.

So, to make a long story short, after making a short story long, the answer is NO, there'll be no new watches for me in 2021.

Good luck to all of you who have your sights set on something for this year. I hope your dreams are realized.

René

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Being a staunch one-watch person I am done since getting the 60th LE SM300 in 2017.

But I must admit I find some others tempting:
Black AT 38mm with rubber strap
LLD 36mm
Ex1 36mm
New OP 36mm in black
Smith‘s Everest 36mm black

But I doubt I will fall for one of them this year - or ever.
And full bathroom renovation planned to start in March will cost enough money.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm expecting a Sólás Starlight in late spring. I may have a reason after that to get a Speedmaster. Other than that, I'm keeping my options open after spending the last two years failing to grow my collection as slowly as I should have.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts