WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What are your watch new years resolutions?

• Buy more watches

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Buy watches I've been wanting for awhile

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Buy less watches

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Stick to a certain theme(G-Shock, Russian, automatics...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell some of my collection

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Move on to another hobby-watches are getting boring to me

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Spend NO money on watches

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Cut back on impulse buys

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I'm not sure what's going to happen watchwise in 2007

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No watch resolutions

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the ones you made. I need to cut down on the cheaper impulse buys and save and get better watches.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I was thinking of becoming a drug addict............it's cheaper than collecting watches!!! :roll: :roll: :-d

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
I was thinking of becoming a drug addict............it's cheaper than collecting watches!!! :roll: :roll: :-d
Yeah, crack or crank is sounding pretty good right about now :-d .

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
LOL, and I thought collecting Zippos was too expensive :-d

I am going to sell a couple of impulse buys, get some restored (2 Seiko auto chronos, 2 Seiko divers) and look to save up for an Omega Speedmaster Moon watch and a Heuer chrono. If a 7750 based chrono comes my way though I am going to snag it!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
LOL, and I thought collecting Zippos was too expensive :-d

I am going to sell a couple of impulse buys, get some restored (2 Seiko auto chronos, 2 Seiko divers) and look to save up for an Omega Speedmaster Moon watch and a Heuer chrono. If a 7750 based chrono comes my way though I am going to snag it!

Cheers,
Griff
I have way too many watches, but every time I try to decide what to sell, I always come up short........so, I think I have discovered a new selection method. Now I am trying to decide what I want to keep....it's a different mind set!!!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like "cut back on impulse buys" is leading. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that problem! Instead of pulling the trigger on ultra affordables that I see, I'm going to get some finer watches, like a Vostok Europe N1 Rocket, Red Square, or something like that. If my tax refund is larger that I figure, possibly a Ball Fireman or Tissot Sea Star 1000. Also, I plan to add 1 or 2 G-Shocks that are unusual here in the USA.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yes M8. I dabbled in a few new pieces this year from various companies. Going strictly back to vintage myself except for 2 new pieces I will keep rest are going. This is promise made to the wife and I get to keep my ........... intact :)

James

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Gone a little crazy buying lately, you lot are all to blame. :-d
Since I joined this forum, things have got very out of hand, with all of you swanking with your latest purchases. I see 'em and I must have a lot of 'em. Intend to get rid of quite a few, begining with the battery operated quartz models.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will just save for a Damasko 56 & have my trusty Tissot PR516 chrono restored. I will probably have to order in May to get it for next Christmas :)

I must also find a good watch for my wife, after all she deserves one to supplement her Tag Heuer lady Pro Diver

1 - 11 of 11 Posts