WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am watching a ton of review videos on this watch and the more I watch 'em, the more I want one. Even though there's no perfect watch out there, I think the only negative point on this watch is the aluminum bezel.

Having said that, any thoughts of Tudor updating this watch with a matte ceramic bezel? Or any other updates regarding different color variations?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think we assume Tudor will keep running with it. Like more bezel/dial colors on the BB58 like the original BBs. I would assume not any added complications i.e. chronograph since they just came up with the pretty nice new in house movement just for this watch. I think new bezels and dials would keep a lot of us happy for a while. And I imagine they will probably circle back eventually to updating their other models too.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
After living with this watch for a bit along side a mk1 BBR I wish they had kept the rose dial.

Remove the faux rivets and ditch the straight text at the bottom for smiley then, for me, it would be a pretty unassailable watch...

Would love to see a GMT, ideally a coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love the BB58 the way it is. Aluminum bezels also have a chance to fade/ age.

For ceramic chasers please buy the Pelagos or the submariner.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Its guesswork but I would say zero chance of a ceramic bezel. Its not the be all and end all anyway. Theyre more scratch/fade resistant but aluminium bezels have been around for many years with no complaints until ceramic came along. Ive had no aluminium bezel problems in all the years ive owned them and the only issue is going to be a scratch on the insert. Tudor inserts, the last time I checked were about £60. Ceramic are way more money. So theres a school of thought that if you factor in a new bezel insert every 3 years youre still on the right side of it. Not against ceramic bezels incidentally, I have 2 ceramic bezel watches but I think the BB needs an aluminium bezel. I also like the way aluminium bezels fade over the years. I would say more colour options for the BB58 are in the pipeline but we're unlikely to see a GMT version. I would love them to update the north flag and Pelagos. We already have 8000 variants of the BB. A GMT pelagos with a grey/blue bezel might be pretty funky although a GMT function on a dive watch is a bit unusual. The pelagos is ripe for many colour combos due to the matte dial and bezels. You could even have grey dial with red/blue bezel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I suppose aluminum bezels will add character as it fades and shows signs of "wear". Heck, perhaps it would look off if every aspect of the watch shows signs of wear except for the bezel. Maybe I'm just falling for the ceramic hype. Plus, with less than 12mm thick, I guess the chance of scratching becomes less than the thicker dive watches.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After living with this watch for a bit along side a mk1 BBR I wish they had kept the rose dial.

Remove the faux rivets and ditch the straight text at the bottom for smiley then, for me, it would be a pretty unassailable watch...

Would love to see a GMT, ideally a coke.

Yes, the rose dial would've been such a nice taste to keep in there. Maybe Tudor thought it would've added too much warmth to it? lol

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Given the 58 was released 2 years ago and there is still a waiting list in many parts for the world, I wouldn't be changing any design features if the 58.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems that there is a wait list. Is this because Tudor is trying to control the supply or they just can't keep up with the demand? I would like to see it on my wrist before I can pull the trigger...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am a big fan of the BB58 in its current form and it is on my short list. Personally I think the aluminum bezel adds to the vintage appeal and I think it would only get cooler and more personal with age.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think the appeal of the BB58 is the vintage vibe. If you like the size and style of vintage, but not the associated issues, the BB58 is your watch. You can always get a replacement bezel if you wanted, but I really like the look of an older watch, much the way I prefer my jeans older and worn in. Patina is cool. My Speedy is at least 25 years old, and the bezel looks fine, very few scratches, no fading.

I own a Sumo with an aftermarket ceramic bezel in it, and can't imagine that someone might eventually make one for the BB58, though like others said, if you want ceramic, go modern, like the Pelagos.

Tudor would be crazy to not come out with different colors for the watch, as they did for the larger ones. I'd also love to see a GMT in that size, even with a cyclops date. I'd be done...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Unassailable indeed. I love mine but I cant help but wonder how much more I would enjoy a rose and a smiley bottom line.

A GMT that doesnt wear like a hockey puck would be so welcome. Fingers crossed.
Would be near perfection...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts