WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a vintage 1960s gold filled omega automatic, that I pretty much wear every day (for the record, the watch is over ten years older than I am:-!). It got me thinking that the closest thing in the modern omega catalog to the omega seamaster dress watches and other omega watches of the 1950s and 60s, is the often forgot about deville prestige. Any one own one and have some nice pics, or any impressions of the watch?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I own a 2002 Silver face De Ville Prestige Automatic Stainless Steel on Black Leather. Saw it at Frankfurt Airport's Duty Free Shop on a business trip and snapped it up right away, as I found it a rarity amongst the others on display.

I share your sentiments on the De Ville and believe that it is not being marketed as aggressively as say, the Constellation. I find the De Ville to be a very fine dress watch that is suitable for evening wear. Very subtle but classy. I'm not very partial to the Constellation as it looks quite clumsy to me.

I very seldom find the De Ville on display at AD's. Very sad.

I've got a vintage 1960s gold filled omega automatic, that I pretty much wear every day (for the record, the watch is over ten years older than I am:-!). It got me thinking that the closest thing in the modern omega catalog to the omega seamaster dress watches and other omega watches of the 1950s and 60s, is the often forgot about deville prestige. Any one own one and have some nice pics, or any impressions of the watch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts