WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current model and all its variations has been around since something like 2007. Has anyone heard any rumours about a completely new model on the horizon?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
All the new bathyscaphe line was released in 2013 (43mm) and 2017 (38mm), all the new 40mm line (mils-spec, ocean commitment, barakuda, etc) are being released since 2018, the 500 Fathoms in 2009, the X Fathoms in 2012, plus uncountable iterations of the 45mm case and several L.E are also post-2007.

In fact, Blancpain didn’t stop producing variations & iterations of the FF. So not sure what you refer to.

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
Reactions: eric.nielsen

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
The thing with FF is...it fits huge!!!!

I tried 43mm bathyscaphe ceramic and 45mm dark knight version,both overwhelmed my wrist which is already used to Panerai size...

Anything below 42mm should be more wearable...and hopefully they change the lugs size too,no more 23mm as finding the strap is difficult

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The thing with FF is...it fits huge!!!!

I tried 43mm bathyscaphe ceramic and 45mm dark knight version,both overwhelmed my wrist which is already used to Panerai size...

Anything below 42mm should be more wearable...and hopefully they change the lugs size too,no more 23mm as finding the strap is difficult
The Bathyscaphe fits me perfectly. I've only tried it on at Tourneau, but it wears no larger than my new SMP (42 mm). I agree, however, that the 23 mm lug width is unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
12,931 Posts
It still has the mediocre frederic piguet inside it, and resale value is mediocre, I would rather spend my money on 1665 double red sea dweller.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
It still has the mediocre frederic piguet inside it, and resale value is mediocre, I would rather spend my money on 1665 double red sea dweller.
Bully for you, but this isnt really relevant to the topic being discussed, is it?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: monsters and jsohal

·
Registered
176 Posts
For anyone following, all the recent 40mm releases have a case/model designation starting with 5008.
All the 40mm 3-hand models (incl. the Trilogy FF & Trilogy GMT) have the Blancpain (Frederic Piquet) 1151 movement, also found in the Villeret dress watch. It has 2 mainspring barrels and a power reserve of 100 hours.
All the 43mm (Bathyscaphe) models start with 5000. All the 45mm models start with 5015.
The 43 & 45mm FF watches have the somewhat larger (won't fit in a 40mm case) 1315 movement with 3 MS barrels and 120-hour power reserve.
HTH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts