WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
My only complaint is that it is a Quartz chrono with a snap on case back. Other than that it is gorgeous and a nice homage to the original. Just wish it was an auto.

I think Seiya carries them.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
A little hard to read at a glance.
Another totally unnecessary f up.... brought to you by Seiko!
Such a shame too, coulda been so good looking AND nicely functional.

·
Registered
13,121 Posts
A little hard to read at a glance.
Another totally unnecessary f up.... brought to you by Seiko!
Such a shame too, coulda been so good looking AND nicely functional.

It depends. Polished or chrome hands are a unique animal in that they are highly subjective to the lighting and setting the watch is in. And for that, I wouldn't call it a f up - there are plenty of beautiful watches with chrome hands over a black dial. You just have to decide if the personality of shiny hands is for you.

·
Registered
15,716 Posts
i guess i do kind of agree with that. but, still. it's so pretty.
I rarely wear mine for the reason I cited.
Pretty? Sure, it is, but the annoyance after a while kinda wears on the pretty.
Seriously, the hands are hard to read especially on THAT model - which is the one I have.

If I could get aftermarket hands that were legible, I'd modify the hands in a heart beat.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rarely wear mine for the reason I cited.
Pretty? Sure, it is, but the annoyance after a while kinda wears on the pretty.
Seriously, the hands are hard to read especially on THAT model - which is the one I have.

If I could get aftermarket hands that were legible, I'd modify the hands in a heart beat.
so that means you're willing to sell at a discount ;)

lol.

·
Registered
870 Posts
it looks amazing, but sadly it only has look. Otherwise cheap quartz movement, mineral glass, flimsy bracelet...would have been great watch with meca-quartz movement and sapphire.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it looks amazing, but sadly it only has look. Otherwise cheap quartz movement, mineral glass, flimsy bracelet...would have been great watch with meca-quartz movement and sapphire.
so i've read. and a real disappointment.

does anyone here know if i can find a similar case, in a similar price range, that has better specs?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where can I fin one?!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Update: replaced the hands.
Now? Super legible at a glance. Perfectly adequate, and most satisfying. I dig it!!!

View attachment 12988097 View attachment 12988099
Mate that looks cool! I sold mine quite a while back because I could never quite get on with it, but I might have kept it if it had these hands. That being said, it was one of the few watches I ever sold for quite a bit more than I paid for it new - thanks to the panic when it was discontinued- so I was happy enough to flip it at the time :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts