WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gaskets should be lubricated with silicone grease every year or two, including the pusher gaskets. Maybe this one sat in inventory for a very long time and they dried out, cracked & leaked? FWIW I push the buttons on my G's when wet and haven't had any problems. Mainly at water's surface not fully underwater, but I do lube the gaskets regularly.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Didn't push any buttons whilst in the pool, but also good to know for future reference. Is this the same for all G-Shocks?
No. You can press the buttons on the Frogman line even under water.

Reactions: Dxnnis and rik13

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Must be just a lemon. If you have to get a different model, try AWGM100, or GA-800 or G-100. Not sure UK pricing but I bet G-100 must be within your budget.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Didn't push any buttons whilst in the pool, but also good to know for future reference. Is this the same for all G-Shocks?
Let me answer this one again, only because I don't think I answered the last one well enough, shame on me. No, it is not the same for all G-Shocks. Unless the watch from Casio is specified as a DIVER'S WATCH 200M, don't press any buttons under water or it could leak water inside the watch. The Frogman line of Casio G-Shocks are Diver's 200M type watches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Let me answer this one again, only because I don't think I answered the last one well enough, shame on me. No, it is not the same for all G-Shocks. Unless the watch from Casio is specified as a DIVER'S WATCH 200M, don't press any buttons under water or it could leak water inside the watch. The Frogman line of Casio G-Shocks are Diver's 200M type watches.

Wow this is a great info actually!
I own G-2310R for last 10 years and wear them almost daily. They survived motorcycle crash, dipping into few oceans and still runs great. Never had any leak problems (or any problems) at all. For their price the value is just superior.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good thing you're returning it because you definitely got a lemon. I recommend starting with the DW-5600, the quintessential model - $50. You could call it the "OG-Shock".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Easy answer then, get it returned for refund or replacement. Not sure why there's any need to ask for advice on this one! It's faulty.
Well I was asking for advice on alternative models because now I don't trust this one. But thanks all for the suggestions. I'm not keen om the square digital only designs so I think I'll go with the GA-2100. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I was asking for advice on alternative models because now I don't trust this one. But thanks all for the suggestions. I'm not keen om the square digital only designs so I think I'll go with the GA-2100. :)
I think that is a wise choice, well at least from my tastes. That is a good looking watch! :cool:

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
I have exact same model. LCD is so so but in general it's a good watch.
Mist is due to someone neglecting proper procedure during battery change/s.
It's not solar and it can last about 2 years of normal use so changing cell happens quite often.
What you need to do is to take it apart. Starting with strap, take off backplate and let it dry this way.
When putting it together you need to grease o-ring. If it missing you need to get one. Such amount of leakage would mean either it's missing completely or been pinched. Not sure operating buttons under water can create such mess. Trickiest part is to put strap on.
For this you rather use dedicated tool (3$ off amazon). Knifes are no good.
It should be fine.
I have pair of them and both doing great.
For a future i would suggest to get something with either solar or new.
IT will be really tricky to dry it without taking apart and for what it worth it's really easy. Whole thing can be taken out.
Do it ASAP and check for rubber o-ring. without fixing this issue you have 0 WR whatsoever.
It's not a bad model. Any G-Shock would leak if it's missing o-ring.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Model is not a problem (unless it's fake) probably it's not sealed during battery change.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Definitely real. Bought from an official supplier here in the UK. I read so much about how they were bomb proof so I was shocked that this happened on the first dip...
Exchange or return it. Even high-end G's have had poor quality control in the past. My first Mudmaster GWG-1000 had to be replaced due to the stuck hands issue.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts