WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on a forum of any sort. I have a Tiffany Mark watch that is platinum with alligator strap. I have worn it twice since owning it and I really feel it is a waste to have it sit in my watch box. This was a gift and I have never sold anything of this sort, so any assistance with suggestions would be great. It is a mechanical watch that requires winding vs. being an automatic. This watch is in perfect condition and a friend recommended I reach out to people on this site to see what suggestions may arise. Thanks!!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
My recommendation?

Do not set the price too high.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
With any item, pictures are important. I assume this will not be cheap- post clear pictures on the sales forum from every angle, making an effort to point out any scratches or defects- get an enthusiastic photographer to help if necessary. I used to be a member of a forum which frequently linked to or discussed ebay auctions, mostly to decry the prices that were being bidded. Almost all of these auctions had great photos of the item being sold.

·
Premium Member
21,815 Posts
With any item, pictures are important. I assume this will not be cheap- post clear pictures on the sales forum from every angle, making an effort to point out any scratches or defects- get an enthusiastic photographer to help if necessary. I used to be a member of a forum which frequently linked to or discussed ebay auctions, mostly to decry the prices that were being bidded. Almost all of these auctions had great photos of the item being sold.
Agreed, crappy photos tend to result in a low selling price, and I've been able to get a good deal on many of these watches. I find that I am usually able to resell these for much higher prices if I take high quality photos of the watch.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Find out the current price of an equivalent model in Pt currently being sold by Tiffany. But also bear in mind this is probably a litle bit of a fashion watch. Get the movement info and check its accuracy too. If someone pays top dollar they need to know what accuracy it is returning. Also power reserve. You owe it to the buyer to make sure this undoubtedly special purchase is a pleasant experience. I remember once looking in a Tiffany shop; they were selling silver chains for $200. Anywhere else they would have been $30 tops- but you know, the name made it special. For some reason. I suppose if I had bought it I'd have spent the next ten years of my life saying "It's a Tiffany!". A watch is different though, as you can see it on the dial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts