WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... I'm thinking of re-purchasing another Mako. I had the Blue at one time on the SS bracelet and sold it. Now that I've been exposed to the comfort of straps, I'm thinking of getting either the Black or Pepsi on rubber. Anyone have any experience with the rubber straps? Pictures would be nice as well if anyone has any..

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
128 Posts
have the blue Mako and it has been as good any watch I have ever owned. Unfortunately, I have never found a bracelet I could live with so the Mako promptly went on a strap. I tried nato and zulus but didn't care for them at all. I finally settled on a rubber Oris style with clasp from Strapped for Time. I also out my BM on this strap as well. Yesterday, I looked at Thornton Watch website and they have it on sale. Sorry for no pics...maybe Santa will bring a camera.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Black rubber strap is a great option for the Orange Mako, and I'm sure It would look good on the Black Mako as well. Maybe on the Pepsi, too, but I'm not a big fan of the black strap/blue watch look. For what it's worth, I looked for (and found) an untapered rubber strap, as I like the untapered bracelet that comes with the Mako

Here are some photos:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, since buying 3 G's I've come to like straps, especially rubber/resin ones. I didn't know how comfy it could make a heavy watch especially when it comes to divers. They just hold the watch in place better while not having to be tight to do so. It's also one less thing to scratch up, and makes a better "tool" watch than a bracelet IMO. I think the next purchase will be a Black Mako on Rubber, I haven't seen this combo on the site that I can remember. I think it's 88 shipped for the rubber....

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yeah, since buying 3 G's I've come to like straps, especially rubber/resin ones. I didn't know how comfy it could make a heavy watch especially when it comes to divers. They just hold the watch in place better while not having to be tight to do so. It's also one less thing to scratch up, and makes a better "tool" watch than a bracelet IMO. I think the next purchase will be a Black Mako on Rubber, I haven't seen this combo on the site that I can remember. I think it's 88 shipped for the rubber....
I always forget that Orient offers its own black rubber strap. Pretty much all the Mako on strap photos I've seen on this site are of after-market straps. Let us know what you think of the Orient strap if you get it.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Do you have any strap ideas for a blue mako? I have been looking for something, and can't really find anything.

Yogev

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi Jared,

Are there any photos for such thing? What happens to the leather when it gets wet?

Yogev

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Jared,

Are there any photos for such thing? What happens to the leather when it gets wet?

Yogev
I don't, unfortunately. But I have a cognac leather strap on a black-faced Seiko and I like the unique (but casual) look it gives it...usually you only see black leather with black faces. I'm not a good photographer by any means, but if I get a chance, I'll borrow my wife's camera and try to take a few pictures. Anyway, I envision the blue Orient having the same effect.

You can buy leather bands that are supposedly waterproofed. The one I have says it is waterproof, but I've been too worried to get it anywhere near "soaked".

If I wanted a strap for the Blue Mako, and knew I was going to take it in the water often, I would probably go for some sort of rubber or resin strap...maybe try to find a nice dark blue that might come close to matching? But if you don't need to get it wet (or you trust that your leather is waterproof), I'd definitely go for the leather.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you go to one of the sponsers in the Strapsuseek page, fredawatchstraps I believe. Hadly Roma has a cool looking Silicone strap that has colored stitching. I think it'd be cool to get the one w/ blue stiching for the Blue Mako and you'd have a comfy waterproof strap. Here is a pic from the fredawatch page...

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Edit, nevermind they only come in 18-20 mm sizes. Which won't work for the Mako, which is a shame, cause they are only $14.95. I was considering getting the yellow for my Skxa35 but I believe the lugs are also 22mm on that one as well.....

·
Registered
965 Posts
Those straps are great!!! They don't have those in 22mm? That is a shame. The mako would look great with this one!

Yogev

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Jared,

Yogev
This is the color I was thinking...they have this style of strap everywhere for all kinds of sizes. I think a brown-blue combination would look great |>

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi striker,

I don't think that this strap would work at all. There is something with the 3 metal pieces that just does not work. I like the brown one as well. I think it can actually work. But the one I like the most is the black with the blue stitching, but those come only in 18mm.

Yogev

1 - 16 of 16 Posts