WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought this would be worth a try (apologies of it has been done before) as you don't see many Traser watches spoken about on watch forums.

In the last thirteen (13) years I have had as my main watch a Traser. My introduction to Traser watches was in 2006 when I acquired, in the UK, a Traser P6506 Commander 100. This watch gave me faithful service for around 11 years and still does as a second watch. In 2017 I acquired, in Australia, a Traser Special Force 100 which is now my main watch.

What attracted my to these watches (and they are both quite similar) were the following features:

> Trigalite tritium self illuminating technology by MB Microtec (makers of Traser watches and, I understand, suppliers of Trigalite to other watch makers and users) that enables the time to be clearly seen in any environment.

> Water resistant to 20 ATM (200 metres) not that I am a diver but it is nice to know if I fall off a jetty it won't wreck my watch.

> (uni) Rotating bezel that is marked in 5 sec/min intervals. Allows easy to time of function, tasks, etc. Important on divers watches but a facility I used (probably with a previous watch, Seiko, when doing law exams, etc)

> An uncluttered dial that makes easy reading at a glance. An assisted by a black dial and bight white hands (including the second hand)

> Rugged too. We've all seen the youtube video of a Traser watch being run over by a tank

> Reliable too. Mine have kept perfect time since 2006.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I love Traser watches but unfortunately they are now gone from the USA market, as of a couple weeks ago. I have some left that will be let go for cost so please PM me if anyone is interested in my stock list : (

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Traser watches but unfortunately they are now gone from the USA market, as of a couple weeks ago. I have some left that will be let go for cost so please PM me if anyone is interested in my stock list : (
Hi "The Watchmaker" that's a shame they are a great watch and really like the Trigalite illumination systems (which, in my view, is far superior to that of some of the really expensive watch brands). Though the US and your firm are still showing on traser.com website.

Though I wasn't necessarily ready to buy just yet I was thinking of their P59 Aurora GMT watch for use on overseas travel.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
TLDR - £230
How much did they hit you for new lights? Mine are fading really bad.

Dirty South OoO Bro

Thank you for your email and yes, it is possible for us to replace all of the trigalights in your watch.

The cost for servicing, new dial ring, hands and bezel would be £230.00 (hands would be the same style as already on watch).

Service includes;
All "O" rings and seal gaskets will be inspected and replaced as necessary.
The case and bracelet will be ultrasonically cleaned.
The battery will replaced with new.
The movement will be inspected and tested for health i.e. circuit tested for consumption, rate and mechanical function
Strap pins will be replaced
The bezel will be removed, inspected, cleaned and reset for function
On assembly your watch will be pressure tested for water resistance up to the original specification of the watch prior to despatch and a printout of the test results will be provided along with a work shop report showing all parts replaced and work completed. (See notes on water resistance)

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Strap change. FB362AFC-D3D5-41DE-86C4-F9F60D392F77.jpeg

I'd forgotten how supremely legible this watch is - white hands on a black face work really well during the day, and the tritium tubes push traditional lume into the shade (pun intended ;-)) in the dark. Great watch.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have a Basic Black. I'm sorry to hear they are exiting the US market, especially since I gave one just like this to my FIL and BIL. Will there be some provision for repair?

bb - 1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am fortunate to work at the Traser importer for the BENELUX countries (Europe). I am also responsible for the official service center for Traser. I have also been a Traser fan for a very long time. So my work is also my hobby, lucky me.
Here is a small collection that I personally collect. I particularly like to wear with the Professional series in particular. Unfortunately no longer in the Traser delivery program.

20140424_104629_zps9d089993.jpg

1 - 20 of 63 Posts