WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one of Borealis's fabulous Iso straps in late May, 5 weeks later and it's a no show, e-mailed Carlos and he said transit times have been up to 10 weeks. Does anyone have any recent experience with that kind of delay?

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Not from Borealis, but I have experienced delays.

A custom I ordered from Clover Straps in Croatia sat static at their post office in Zagreb for a month. Some NATOs coming from Singapore have been "shipped overseas" for about the same amount of time.

It's just not a good time to be shipping internationally. Patience is a virtue, as frustrating as it is.

Reactions: iceman66

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I ordered one of Borealis's fabulous Iso straps in late May, 5 weeks later and it's a no show, e-mailed Carlos and he said transit times have been up to 10 weeks. Does anyone have any recent experience with that kind of delay?
So you used the Portuguese post delivery and didn't upgrade I assume? Yes it is historically painfully slow and with the covid I expect it's even slower. I ordered a watch from Japan and it arrived in 5 days via DHL. Some regions and some delivery methods are just slow and now exasperated. I wouldn't worry just yet but I do feel it's fine to be annoyed I know I would be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Ordered an iso-type from Borealis on 4/29/20.

Inquired re: status on 5/26/20.

I ended up receiving the strap in early-ish June (I forget exactly when because their tracking trail ended with dispatch from Portugal).

So for what it’s worth, about 1.5 months for receipt for me during the pandemic.

So at 1.25 months, your strap may well be arriving soon :)

Was worth the wait:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you used the Portuguese post delivery and didn't upgrade I assume? Yes it is historically painfully slow and with the covid I expect it's even slower. I ordered a watch from Japan and it arrived in 5 days via DHL. Some regions and some delivery methods are just slow and now exasperated. I wouldn't worry just yet but I do feel it's fine to be annoyed I know I would be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, no shipping upgrade, not for a $30 strap. I've ordered several straps from them in the past (pre world plague), and delivery was 2-3 weeks to the best of my recollection. Looks like I have no choice but patience.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered an iso-type from Borealis on 4/29/20.

Inquired re: status on 5/26/20.

I ended up receiving the strap in early-ish June (I forget exactly when because their tracking trail ended with dispatch from Portugal).

So for what it’s worth, about 1.5 months for receipt for me during the pandemic.

So at 1.25 months, your strap may well be arriving soon :)

Was worth the wait:

Sounds like my exact scenario, I'm hoping for a positive resolution like yours. Strap looks great on the Solitude!👍

·
Registered
158 Posts
I ordered 2 straps from them, last tracking update may 20, still not received. Emailed them, they said delivery times are doubled from normal.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I ordered some small parts May 22. It took 2-3 weeks but it arrived in Ohio. Postal was good for me, but I think other countries are having more of a time with this whole virus stuff.

A completely different order was: DHL from mainland China to Cincinnati... 21hrs. Cincinnati to Columbus.... 24hrs :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Last month it took over two weeks for my strap within the EU from Portugal to Finland.

Stuff just sits at airports right now, waiting for a slot on a plane and gets pushed back from the way of something more urgent. A paper here wrote a week ago how there are tens of trolleys full of packages and mail at Helsinki Airport that cannot be delivered because there are no flights, the destination countries won't receive mail and stuff like that. Stuff is being returned to senders.

Anyway, the strap lives up to the hype!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Another data point: mailed by Carlos on June 15, arrived in California on August 1.

·
Registered
86 Posts
try the Sales subforum if you need it sooner but also Ute (f/k/a ToxicNato) and Deep Blue sells similar straps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered 8/15/20 to NJ. Didn't ship until 8/26/20 as they were on holiday. Business must be good to take a holiday in midst of all the pestilence! Last tracking update showed somewhere in Portugal on 8/29/20. Hoping to have it by Halloween so I can wear it diving next year! This is my first post, my avatar shows my Triton diver on a blue Barton silicone strap, which I'm actually quite please with, perfectly matches face and bezel blue.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not from Borealis, but I have experienced delays.

A custom I ordered from Clover Straps in Croatia sat static at their post office in Zagreb for a month. Some NATOs coming from Singapore have been "shipped overseas" for about the same amount of time.

It's just not a good time to be shipping internationally. Patience is a virtue, as frustrating as it is.
FWIW, stuff shipped from Singapore all have the same issue. I have 2 in the mail now. expect it to show "shipped overseas" for 2+ weeks. it'll eventually show up in the tracking system again. not sure what the difference is between Singapore shipping and china shipping...i can pretty easily track from china to my doorstep, but from Singapore it's a different story.

anyway, back on track. I just ordred from borealis a NATO....I'm hoping it's not going to take 2 months but whatever...i really just want my new watches...even though the strap is for one of the watches.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts