WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,706 Posts
A german news magazine once titled "Best of Playboy - macho-uhren-aus-dem-osten" and that covers it pretty much. Niche watches for machos, VIP like Rammstein frontman Lindemann and those thinking they are VIP. Of course they have/had followers.

Kaventsmann watches is a brand with less hoo-ha and if I want to go for a chunky piece of steel/bronze I would check out Kaventsmann. Prices are more reasonable as well.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I had the chance to meet a local collector yesterday who has more than 30-40 VDBs. I saw three of them, one was an orange dial with solid silver case and IWC movement. They are very well built watches, but absolutely massively sized. I really liked the domed crystal shapes. I don't think I would wear one everyday though. The straps were also very wide (I think 28mm), and he used to have Maddog custom make many of them.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I second blowfish - those were some finely made watches.
too large for my wrist but I understand and appreciate the appeal.
Like all high priced micro's I assume you will take a significant loss if you pay new retail and flip so buy used if you have the opportunity..... and have the wrist

Reactions: blowfish89

·
Registered
285 Posts
I love the concept. Vintage Daily Beater = VDB.

I love their models which use NOS movements from classic high end watches, but of course this also means they are ludicrously expensive, far more than current Rolex models for example. You are buying a custom cased Rolex/IWC etc etc movement at 2-3 times the cost of the current Rolex/IWC etc etc model - crazy!

the standard serial watches they produce seem too high priced considering there is nothing special about the movement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vintage VB has quicky become one of my favorite watch brand to wear. I use casual attire for work jeans and button down shirt. I currenty own 3, no limit, 2011, and just bought a 2014.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm wearing my Bead Blasted No Limits right now. I have smaller wrists but I was surprised at just how small this watch wears. The more I wear it the more I like it, and it is very comfortable. Thing I'm going to get it customised.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts