WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted a while back by Jörg. Any idea when we might see this or what number they are currently on? Thank you

"We are working on a "Flieger Original Ticker" which shows you the status of delivered and produced watches and the approx. delivery date of your reserved watch.This Ticker will be updated every week with the real delivered watches and the Ticker will be actual automaticaly.

So you always can see if we are just in time , later or earlier with your approx. delivery date.

This Ticker will be ready in 2-3 weeks after we have moved :)"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, I asked Viveca last Fridat. Nr. 132 is the next airman to be deliverd (So I have to wait a litttle while... I am nr.. 677).

Greetings, w

·
Registered
200 Posts
How does one know the no. of the AO you have ordered?
b'cos i ordered my AO since last dec 08 or jan 09
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ask Viveca Hafner at Stowa's - she will tell you b-),

Volker
Bro Volker
thanks for the help
Juz wondering what no. my AO might be assigned..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yep, I asked Viveca last Fridat. Nr. 132 is the next airman to be deliverd (So I have to wait a litttle while... I am nr.. 677).
Wow, they're STILL doing number 132? If you look at the earlier thread (subject "For those on the AO waiting list") they were doing number 132 back in early February.

I am number 577 and was given an estimated delivery date of June 09, that seems impossible now. As I have said previously, I don't mind waiting for a quality product but it would be nice to have an updated expected delivery date. Roll on the ticker I guess...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think Jörg can't roll out the ticker until he finishes 132 :-d

Well with the move to the new location, Basel fair, etc., I am not surprised that production is somewhat interrupted. I am sure everyone at Stowa is already doing the best they can, and I hope that things can speed up eventually.

There's one question that I've always wanted to ask though: it seems to me that the AO and the MO are technically similar (besides the hacking function) but MOs can be produced at a quicker pace. If this is really the case then what are the reasons for that? Or am I just thinking too much?

·
Registered
162 Posts
There's one question that I've always wanted to ask though: it seems to me that the AO and the MO are technically similar (besides the hacking function) but MOs can be produced at a quicker pace. If this is really the case then what are the reasons for that? Or am I just thinking too much?

Don't forget the center-seconds modification, too: new bridge, wheel, etc.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I put my name on the list back in August '08 and am patiently awaiting No. 430. I don't expect to see it in '09 unless production speeds up considerably. From the posts that I have seen, it will be worth the wait. Plus, it gives me plenty of time to save up (and buy other things in the mean time ;-)).

Mike

·
Registered
456 Posts
It's gone be crazy! I got on the list just two days ago with order number #1169 and with approximate delivery time in the beginning of 2010. Yesterday the site was updated and approximate delivery time now is middle of 2010.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just found out I am 579.....and I will be informed when exact delivery is scheduled....I just presume....it'll take more than it is prognosticated for now... :((

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the initial announcement was in July of last year, and there only have been 132 watches manufactured to date at a rate of about 13 a month, then making the approximately 1,000 watches on the waiting list will take about six and a half years......

No wonder they haven't put up the ticker yet.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Didn't know there were actual assigned numbers! Just emailed to get mine. Want to know where I stand in line.

In the meantime, I picked up a Stowa Airman Date to hold me over! :-!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Stowa don't add the hacking function themselves. They order them from a swiss company that does the modification. I can't recall the name, but I'm sure someone here does. This company does the same for the Steinhart B-Uhr with Eta 6497-1 movement. Could be this company is the reason for the delay. Modifications like this take a lot of time (with these numbers being produced).
Also, I read somewhere that Eta has made it more difficult for watchmakers to obtain the 6497 and 6498 movements in very large quantities to keep it more exclusive. But I don't know if this affects the Stowa brand.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Frank

·
Registered
85 Posts
With ETA apparently stopping supply of base ebauches from some time in 2010 (which is what Stowa uses for the FO before modifying it) it will be interesting to see whether they can actually deliver a FO to everybody on the list by then if there are 1000 watches still to go. Maybe those who miss out will end up with Durowe movements inside? I'd actually rather have my FO with the Unitas since that's more historically accurate.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am sure they know about it and think that Stowa will buy as many movements as they can. Just look at FO demand only.
As for the FO time delivery I think that moving to a new place is the reason for delays. Since the delivery dates are gets updated regularly, Stowa's estimates should be very close to actual. Assuming that they make five FO per day, which is very reasonable, then 100 per month and 1200 per year. Sounds good to me. b-)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am sure they know about it and think that Stowa will buy as many movements as they can. Just look at FO demand only.
I wouldn't be too sure. Buying 'as many as you can' doesn't automatically mean you get enough for the demand. Besides, you can still order FO's whilst movement delivery will stop.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
It's gone be crazy! I got on the list just two days ago with order number #1169 and with approximate delivery time in the beginning of 2010. Yesterday the site was updated and approximate delivery time now is middle of 2010.

I'm not even sure I want to know what my order number is now..................

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it would not be such a bad idea for Joerg to make some light on the process, problems and expectation for the next year or so....even a list with the "spectators" in line would be nice
just my 2 lei ;)
C

1 - 20 of 32 Posts