WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good wrist shots of this Aquis Date with the yellow accents? Been seriously thinking of getting one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
One thing you should be aware of on this series I just saw mentioned on another Oris thread. The yellow markers that appear as a chapter ring on the dial are actually printed on the underside of the crystal. You can see it more clearly on some larger images of the watch like the one I'm including below for your reference. Notice that when viewed at a slight angle some of the yellow markings particularly on the lower part of the dial appear over the SWISS MADE marking and some of the markers. Personally I don't like that appearance but thought you should know about it in case it's not to your preference. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch if the 43mm size works for you. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

d3da33ab7d1a957dde1.jpg

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing you should be aware of on this series I just saw mentioned on another Oris thread. The yellow markers that appear as a chapter ring on the dial are actually printed on the underside of the crystal. You can see it more clearly on some larger images of the watch like the one I'm including below for your reference. Notice that when viewed at a slight angle some of the yellow markings particularly on the lower part of the dial appear over the SWISS MADE marking and some of the markers. Personally I don't like that appearance but thought you should know about it in case it's not to your preference. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch if the 43mm size works for you. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

View attachment 11182074
Thanks for pointing that out. Wasn't aware. Will have to see one of these in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Can't help with that one specifically, that version with the minutes printed on the underside of the crystal seems very uncommon. If you image search for the Great Barrier Reef edition though, you'll get alot of results. Basically the same except the GBR has a day complication

example

·
Registered
484 Posts
^^^ That picture is the best I've seen at showing the yellow markings are on the inside of the crystal and clearly above the dial.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can't help with that one specifically, that version with the minutes printed on the underside of the crystal seems very uncommon. If you image search for the Great Barrier Reef edition though, you'll get alot of results. Basically the same except the GBR has a day complication

example

Very cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts