WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious. The wrist is pretty much skin and bone and for me the watch sits more comfortably up my forearm, more flesh to cradle it. I don't mean far up the wrist, an inch or so. Depends on the watch. Also, to wear a heavy dive watch, leverage and impediment is minimized or maximized for leverage higher on the wrist. Again, depends on the watch.

Sean

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Do you mean like this?

When I was young I wore watches very low because it was cool not comfortable.
One of the great advantages of being old is that one does not have to be concerned
with coolness. Wear it where it feels good.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean like this?

When I was young I wore watches very low because it was cool not comfortable.
One of the great advantages of being old is that one does not have to be concerned
with coolness. Wear it where it feels good.

Yes, exactly, that's what and where I mean. Also, I wash my hands a lot, not Lady MacBeth or anything, but I find it the best way to not get sick. I don't want my watch getting soapy water on it two or three times a day.

Sean

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dalstott, you got some beautiful watches. What's that last one with white dial and red/black hands?

Sean

·
Registered
918 Posts
If you have thin wrists that stay the same size as your arm then it doesn't look strange wearing your watch high. I have a limited space where my watch wears comfortably before any changes of opening my hands wide affect the size if I had my watch sitting high.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wear watches very loose... I prefer the bracelet type of band and there is plenty of room between the band and my wrist - the watch is always on the under side of my wrist, not at the top.

Also, I wear watches on my right arm even though I'm right-handed.

b-)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Dalstott, you got some beautiful watches. What's that last one with white dial and red/black hands?

Sean
It is a Yantar Submarine 24 II I bought 5 years ago. The company had a low production and closed in 2004 so not many are around. Here are some other pics plus two attached below that I borrowed from the web.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a Yantar Submarine 24 II I bought 5 years ago. The company had a low production and closed in 2004 so not many are around. Here are some other pics plus two attached below that I borrowed from the web.

incredible watch...love the red date window. Thanks for posting it.

Sean

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only low on my wrist.
I think it's like Bluesummers said, my forearm two inches up is not much larger than my wrist size. Not the case with yours.

Sean

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yamahaki, that's such a beautiful watch, your PO, it's the one I'd get. Orange numbers only, not the orange bezel, although both are tempting.

Sean

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I compared all of the po's at the ad and this one looked the best to me. it is a low key watch. and yes on the wrists. my forearms are very large from racing bikes and taper down sharply to my wrist, so I have to wear it that way. also since I wear them on my right, there is no crown to dig in.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sean, you're reposting everyone's photos... the scroll wheel on my mouse is about to melt down! Hit the delete button on the pic before you post!

I wear my watch high on the wrist, just above the bony bump that many people have. I like a snug fit so the watch doesn't move around and it's just too uncomfortable further down.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sean, you're reposting everyone's photos... the scroll wheel on my mouse is about to melt down! Hit the delete button on the pic before you post!

ok, noted G.M. I should do that.

Sean

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I compared all of the po's at the ad and this one looked the best to me. it is a low key watch.

it's the one I'd get, the orange numbers are enough. I don't know how you wear any other watch than that unless you're racing or something.

Sean

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Unless I tighten the strap or bracelet that stops blood flow, my watches have always bee riding low. I also am right handed but wear the watches on my right wrist. I just like the feel.

Paul:-d

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts