WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anybody else keep a photo album of watches that catch your attention?

2K views 45 replies 38 participants last post by  Squirrelly 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone does anything like I do. When I see watches that catch my eye, I'll grab a picture of it and add it to my "liked watches" album. This album is full of Grails, and potential future watches. It also helps me figure out which styles I tend to gravitate toward.

See less See more
#9 ·
I too keep a Pinterest album and every so often update the contenders. I also started making an excel spreadsheet once to list all information about each particular watch (e.g. dimensions, cost, etc), however I rarely take the time to use this unless I am trying to decide between a few select watches.

#16 ·
I have photo folders on my phone- watches tried on is one . If I go back sometimes I say "good I didn't get that one," or "wat was I thinking?" Or "glad I made this choice instead."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sir-Guy
#18 ·
Right now the desktop of my laptop is cluttered with screen shots of that very thing. Every once in a while I'll organize it into numbered folders. Currently, there are two folders with nearly 90 watches. Some are grails, others markers for later research ...

#23 ·
I don't keep photos, i just keep a simple list of watches that i must have. They are not very expensive watches, just around a few hundred dollars and some around a few thousand dollars. But if i find the "right" prices on any of those watches on my lists, i will definitely buy them.

#24 ·
Not an album per se, a folder on the phone where I move the watch photos I like so that my wife doesn't get crossed when she is searching for a picture of our son :) no grails inside, no interesting watches, just watched that I like and might consider buying the next time I feel it's time (no pun intended). I have 5 photos of watches that I consider the most expensive I will ever be okay buying. I also use a collage thing to see how they might look like in my box.
I used to have a folder like the one suggested, but I realised that I download 150+pictures of the current craze - divers, pilots, fields, squares/tonneaus etc. and every time I switched I deleted all of the photos of my previous craze so now I only download something I might actually buy for my next birthday/anniversary etc. And unlike some people above - I know I have a problem :)

#28 · (Edited)
Yep. I keep an excel sheet with specs and a photo with all watches to scale. This is mostly because many specs like lug to lug and dial diameter are not exactly easy to find and I got tired of having to search for them again. So I built a list. The image also helps because I can use photoshop to overlap the the new watches over images of the ones I already have, thus greatly decreasing my anxiety over the size.

It's not really watches I'm looking to buy. In fact I'm not looking to buy any at the moment. But I still keep the list as a reference.

Here's a screenshot of part of the list (green I currently have, orange I've had and sold)

#29 ·
I put them in a PPT - that has my current watches, past watches (sold off), and "wants".......after fermenting for a few weeks and I still like it, then it goes to an XLS - with current MSRP / Chrono prices. It also gets on my Chrono notepad with the cheapest option, if available there.
New ones typically replace older ones in the list since I do not want more than a 5-7 wants that I have to choose from - after all there are new watches coming every month, almost. Some watches get out and come back into the list - which makes them more likely purchases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.