WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lehman Brothers, an investment firm is reportedly suppose to go bankrupted.

Let's hope it doesn't, it's a real bank, not some mortgage company.

:-(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lehman Brothers, an investment firm is reportedly suppose to go bankrupted.

Let's hope it doesn't, it's a real bank, not some mortgage company.

:-(

Unfortunately it's a real bank that has risked $billions lending to sub-prime mortgage companies, so although it doesn't actually sell mortgages it funds the companies that do...

... or rather it did.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The news said the stock market in England paused their stock sharing for Lehman Brothers until they see what happens in the United States Stock Market because their market relies on Lehman Brother's so much.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had a feeling that this subprime isn't over, BOA paid too much for Merrill though. Seems Fed isn't going to bail out Lehmans, who in my opinion was always in trouble because they r a larger version of Bear Stearns.

What is worrying is the Fed isn't stepping in and it appears they don't mind the streamlining of 2nd and 3rd tier financial institutions even if they r investment banks.

It is also the fault of those idiots who know something more serious is going on, but keep appearing in the media to tell the mums and dads it is alright so that the mums and dads money keeps the mkt supported at a level where the powers that b can exit their positions for either a small pofit of smaller loss.

The average Joe is always the one that picks up the stock of the powers that b when **** is about to go down.

·
Registered
689 Posts
USA is doomed.

i bet the currency will drop dramatically. god damn, this will suck because i'm planning to import stuff from Japan.

although the recent news is a big blow, i think re-electing Bush was the biggest blow to our economy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts