WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the -1DR and like it for its LED, 60-lap timer / memory function, and extremely readable module. It sits somewhat high on the wrist, like a 7900, and I can't fault the translucent strap which is very comfortable. Some say the small nylon band is a weak point, but I've not had a problem with it so far and it looks fairly durable to me. I'll post some comparison shots with the 6900 and 7900 later today. Buy with confidence; I think it's an underrated watch but I'm sure you'll come to like it as well.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I agree with Lex's observations of the GD200. I had the -2 (the "blue") one, but I seldom wore it and sold it. The LCD was much more purple than it was blue, similar to the BP Mudman and the fiberglass infused strap took on more of a purple color as well. My sole reason for buying it was because I lacked a blue watch in my collection, but my wife bought me a blue Gulfman for Christmas, so I sold it. It has a good module, the band is very long and flexible, and I liked the size. One thing that slightly bothered me (other than it appearing more purple than blue) was the bezel had more of a "plastic" feel to it rather than the "rubber" feel of most Gs. I don't know if that's a bad thing, but it just bothered me for some reason. For the price, a great watch. If I were to buy another one I would definitely get the red/black one!

Here's some comparison shots I once took for somebody else inquiring about it.

Also, here's a link to the un-boxing/review I did of the GD200 when I first received it.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/my-service-wus-pt-2-unboxing-review-574028.html

·
Registered
110 Posts
And here are my comparison shots with the GD-200 on top and the 7900 and 6900 below. It's a beautiful watch, and actually looks much better in person! Incidentally I am also wearing it today, check out the WRUW Today thread. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the 4DR the red one. I like it no issues with the strap here. This was my first negative display and also my first one where black wasn't the majority colour. The neg display is pretty hard to read but if you turn on the light it pops out pretty good. Plus the LED light is pretty bright so that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts