WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual, I'm browsing the "bay" and keep coming across this watch company that I guess is based in Germany. They are called Convicta. The watches are actually pretty nice looking, big in size ranging from 38-46.6mm and the prices seem to be pretty good as well, about $125US shipped.

http://jewelry.search.ebay.com/convicta_Wristwatches_W0QQa10244Z10425QQa39ZQ2d24QQa44ZQ2d24QQa60Z2467QQalistZa60Q2ca39Q2ca10244Q2ca44Q2ca3801QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQcurcatZtrueQQfgtpZQQfposZ33813QQfromZR2QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQgcsZ32QQlopgZQQpf_queryZconvictaQQpfidZ33QQpfmodeZ1QQreqtypeZ2QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ31387QQsadisZ200QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

Does anyone have one of these or know anything about this company?

I might be interested in trying one out in the not so distant future just for the heck of it. ;-)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have also seen them on the bay-they are cool looking but I think they are Germasian. There are not a lot of sellers but they are neat looking and at the right price they should be OK. You should buy one and let us know ;-)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The movements listed are Citizen-Miytoa [i.e. 0S 20] so at the very least you have a solid, well known, engine running the show. They are quite striking to look at...obviously 'homage' pieces [borrowed style from the Tissot T-Race, and Bell & Ross BR-1 etc etc] but there are several companies doing that. I've seen watches with similar movements for a little less...but that being said Convictas cases, bracelets, and straps may be well polished and well made.

Personally I would call this a pretty decent find!

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
If they had that GMT diver in all stainless steel, I'd buy one since they're so cheap. I just can't see myself with the gold.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Hi -

Nope. While the spelling is off - Konvikta would be grammatically correct - the result is the same: it sounds like something made in jail.

Which it actually might be. Bleagh. I dislike Germasians.

JohnF

S

·
0 Posts
Very busy lady (Meike) in the background:

52orange.com
newton-sons.com
bulldog-eywear
baxx & bloom Timewear
heart of time (ebay power seller)

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes !!! i bought one from amazon, beautiful watch good time keeper and best of all it only cost £49.00
just one downside, it came with a white leather strap, so i bought a gold plated gents strap, it now looks a
really expensive watch. get quite a few complements about it. i have 3 citizen eco watches which i always
wore, although the convicta watch is cheap compared to the citizens, i like the convicta better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts