WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums prior to posting but only found information on the ebay seller. Apparently his strap are actually not bad and the lume is actually functionnal.

The website looks exactly like the ebay seller's auctions, down to the pictures used and the text, but before I plop down money on a watch from there, I want to make sure I'll actually receive something...

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have. I bought 3 sterile PAM homages from Triconstore from eBay early this year. One is a phantom, the other has peach/orange hands and the other has blue hands. His leather straps are standard and meant to be replaced later on when you come across great 24mm leather straps. The brown straps he has are ok. The black croco is not. His workmanship is very good. The movements run like workhorses. He's based in HK, and I just learned from you he has a website now. He also has a Facebook page. His prices are generally lower than the others. He's all right to deal with. Good source for PAM homages

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have. I bought 3 sterile PAM homages from Triconstore from eBay early this year. One is a phantom, the other has peach/orange hands and the other has blue hands. His leather straps are standard and meant to be replaced later on when you come across great 24mm leather straps. The brown straps he has are ok. The black croco is not. His workmanship is very good. The movements run like workhorses. He's based in HK, and I just learned from you he has a website now. He also has a Facebook page. His prices are generally lower than the others. He's all right to deal with. Good source for PAM homages
I was coming to this thread with news. I contacted the eBay seller asking him if the website was his. He told me that it was, though it is still under construction so most pictures are not the correct ones. I will likely buy from him in the near future, to give myself a Christmas present.

I know his workmanship is pretty good, I didn't expect much strap wise, probably a bit better than what manbush has but nothing to write home about. Some threads on here do recommend him

I will post a review here if I do order, and will post any pic asked for.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have place an order this morning, I will keep everyone updated as the order process goes on. I got an order confirmation right after paying via e-mail, presented in a very professional manner.

The seller claims he will go through HK or Singapore Post, we'll see how things go!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I bought a PAM homage from him on eBay over a year ago. The strap was no good and the watch had dust under te dial. I noticed it was running very slow (about 15-20 min per day) so I brought it to a watchmaker at a local jewelry store and he cleaned the movement. He said it was pretty dirty bit that the movement was actually very good. It's been running fine since then, but the servicing and strap I got from Texas Strap code each cost as much as the watch itself. Hopefully yours is running better when it arrives!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a PAM homage from him on eBay over a year ago. The strap was no good and the watch had dust under te dial. I noticed it was running very slow (about 15-20 min per day) so I brought it to a watchmaker at a local jewelry store and he cleaned the movement. He said it was pretty dirty bit that the movement was actually very good. It's been running fine since then, but the servicing and strap I got from Texas Strap code each cost as much as the watch itself. Hopefully yours is running better when it arrives!
I've had good luck with chinese mechanicals so far, hopefully that is still true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts