WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Anybody know anything about the Doxa 600T Professional with the black face and bezel. It has the crown around the 4 'oclock position. A friend of mine has a relative who owned it for 20-30 years and is going to sell it. I saw it once and I think it is in very good shape for it's year. Were there many of these. What would be a fair price to offer him. Now that I have the "DOXA BUG". Funny it took 20+ years to get my first and I already am looking at a 2nd. It doesn't have an orange face so I guess I am not super excited about it.:thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yes, it is an Aubrey Era Watch...meaning early 1980's to late 1980's...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hi David and welcome to Doxaholics Anonymous! I believe John is correct on the era of your friends watch. If it's a black dial it most likely says Sharkhunter on the dial. Is there any way you could get some pics posted here? That would help us help you. As for a fair value, that's a tough question. Depending on many factors, like condition of the bezel and crystal, original bracelet or not, performance/accuracy - you would probably spend (on ebay for example) anywhere from 500 to a grand. But this is a rough guess only. Pics would be really helpful.

Good luck, stick around and join in the fun! santasmile

Paul

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got this pic off the internet. It looks exactly like this. I believe he has the original band/box. Last I saw it it was in very nice shape. A few light scratches around the bezel and he said keeps great time. It doesn't say "Sharkhunter". He said it says "600t professional". Thanks for the help you guys!:thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Doxa600T
The watch you pictured is the Spirotechnique model, manufactured by Aubrey for La Spirotechnique company. This company was the French equivelent of US Divers , both owned by Aqualung International which wasa subsiduary of Air Liquide. Jacques Cousteau was a board member of both US Divers and La Spirotecnique.

If this watch does indeed have the original box, and papers, that would make it more desirable.

Great watch and very collectible.
Arthur

Here is the US Version

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doxa600T
The watch you pictured is the Spirotechnique model, manufactured by Aubrey for La Spirotechnique company. This company was the French equivalent of US Divers , both owned by Aqualung International which wasa subsidiary of Air Liquide. Jacques Cousteau was a board member of both US Divers and La Spirotecnique.

If this watch does indeed have the original box, and papers, that would make it more desirable.
Great watch and very collectible.
Arthur

Here is the US Version

Yeah it says Spirotechnique. Does that date it sill from the eighties? Could a guy change the bezel from the black to a silver one? More collectible/valuable? Sorry for all the questions.:think:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts