WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted over in the Ball forum and they suggested I post here.

-----------------------------------

Just picked up an Engineer Master II Skindiver II. The metal mesh is beautiful but I prefer the rubber strap. I also have an Oris Aquis on rubber, and Sixty-Five on the blue/gray nato strap and absolutely LOVE the deployant clasps on them. I was searching around the forum, ebay, amazon, google, etc., but I'm not sure where to go on this one. It seems (aside from Oris) that most deployants are for leather.

The Ball band is 22mm - doesn't seem to taper from the lug to middle. Has anybody here installed a deployant on a rubber strap other than the Oris? If so, where did you get is and please post some pics. Are there any universal deployants out there like the Oris?

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ball makes a great strap.
There are many deployant rubber strap options on ebay. I have a Ball and it has a double pin attachment on the lugs. Does the Skindiver II have this as well?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it's a single pin. I just ordered an Isofrane strap and will give it a try. The problem is my wrist size falls between the holes and the isofrane has smaller increments (I have a 20mm on my Marathon and am very pleased). I don't want a cheapo rubber strap with a deployant buckle but might end up going that route to try it out.

Thanks

Reactions: troyr1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts