WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere at the end of the '80s I had a pulsar watch....on a bracelet...the dial and innerbezel was a solar cell that powered the watch. the dial had a kind of purple shiny color.

Does anybody knows this watch...

Tom

·
Registered
149 Posts
Somewhere at the end of the '80s I had a pulsar watch....on a bracelet...the dial and innerbezel was a solar cell that powered the watch. the dial had a kind of purple shiny color.

Does anybody knows this watch...

Tom
Tom - I have the following model that sounds very similar to what you describe - I got it at Princeton Watches on clearance for $99.00 about two years ago and it is an excellent value.

Pulsar Model PUA115 – steel bracelet
Environmentally friendly Pulsar 4000 Solar technology charges from any light source as you wear it. Stores energy and runs uninterrupted for up to 180 days when fully charged - with quartz accuracy and no batteries to change!
  • Date
  • One-way rotating elapsed time bezel lets you time dives or other events.
  • Step-motion second hand will move in 2-second intervals when power is reach a level of less than 72 hours and needs to be exposed to light for charging
  • Quick-start function - exposure to light for 2-3 seconds will activate the watch movement
  • Overcharging prevention function
  • Stainless steel case with hard rubber accents
  • Luminous hands and markers for low light visibility
  • Screwdown crown and caseback
  • Water-resistant to 200 meters
  • Approx. width 1 3/4 inches (mm) not including setting crown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts