WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I currently have the black/orange small seconds diver and I really love it. I've been impressed with the blue faced one as well and the thought has crossed my mind about picking it up as well. My only concern is that I just wouldn't find as many times to wear the blue. Does anybody have both? If so, what are your thoughts about splitting wrist time? Or if you have any other thoughts about owning both can you please share your experiences.

Thanks,

Fernando

·
Registered
856 Posts
This might not the right place to ask that question. If I was forced to justify strictly the amount of time I wear one watch over another on the decision whether to buy it in the first place I could have saved literally thousands of dollars through the years. But then again I wouldn't have had all the fun of making or having the choice either. I tend to wear the bejesus out of one for a month perhaps a newest arrival then put it in the safe and have another favorite go to watch for another month, it's a side effect condition of the watch addiction I believe. I don't think you can have too many small seconds in your stable the blue is a nice choice to go along with the blk/orange they are still affordable so why not go for it. You can always keep one on band one on bracelet if you find the watches to be too similar. You can always flip it later if you flat don't like the watch or don't wear it and if you buy it right you won't lose any money on it.

p.s. At one point I discovered I had five different variations of the Omega Seamaster Pro I have since thinned the herd so to speak and never lost a dime on them.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might not the right place to ask that question. If I was forced to justify strictly the amount of time I wear one watch over another on the decision whether to buy it in the first place I could have saved literally thousands of dollars through the years. But then again I wouldn't have had all the fun of making or having the choice either. I tend to wear the bejesus out of one for a month perhaps a newest arrival then put it in the safe and have another favorite go to watch for another month, it's a side effect condition of the watch addiction I believe. I don't think you can have too many small seconds in your stable the blue is a nice choice to go along with the blk/orange they are still affordable so why not go for it. You can always keep one on band one on bracelet if you find the watches to be too similar. You can always flip it later if you flat don't like the watch or don't wear it and if you buy it right you won't lose any money on it.

p.s. At one point I discovered I had five different variations of the Omega Seamaster Pro I have since thinned the herd so to speak and never lost a dime on them.
Thanks for your input. I guess my main concern is really do I need two of the same watch if the only difference is color. I'm also considering a BC4 Chronograph but I'm not sure if I'd prefer another small seconds which I know I'll love but don't know if I'll use as much, or the BC4 which I think I'll love but I know I'd use more.

·
Registered
856 Posts
If you don't have a chrono I'd be tempted going that way. Unless you are looking to stay exclusively in the dive watch category the chrono would definately widen out your growing collection. Everyone needs at least one good chrono in their box.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have both. I purchased the Orange/Black one RS first. I liked it so much that I purchased the Blue one on MB a few months later. They get about equal wrist time, but I think the black on rubber is definitely more sport/casual, and the blue on steel is more dressy.

D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for your thoughts. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I can't just look at this logically. I'll have to think about it for a while and then just go with whatever tickles my fancy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts