WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I have not seen that exact model, but have look/tried a different Oceanus model. Very nice watch.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
no help from me also but that is the nicest looking oceanus i have seen. I had one about 5 years abot but they have really went upscale now :-!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am eyeballing the Oceanus models too since a while. The Cachelot and the new Manta models are mighty fine watches...
They are priced accordingly!

However, I believe that the Cachelot and Manta models are Japan only :-|.

Jurphaas :-!

·
Registered
594 Posts
The newest Oceanus models are released in Japan only but a lot of modules make their way out of Japan and are officially released in other countries a few months later (or maybe a whole year later). Maybe not all versions are exported. In Europe the M700 Oceanus (OCW-M700TCE-7AER) is the newest introduced in April 2008, I think, but in Japan M700 Oceanus was introduced September 2006, I guess this is a loooong delay ;-) In the US the M800 is the newest available model and it is not branded Casio:

http://www.oceanus-us.com/

The newest Oceanus will be available in December, it is the T600, Japan only of course:

http://www.casio.co.jp/release/2008/ocw-s1200.html

Mantas are different... I think there is a Europe model called M610 (WVQ-M610DE-1AVER) but it is no titanium only stainless steel. They seem to be more Japan only ;-)

However, it should be no problem to get one Japanese Oceanus :)

Sibe

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
The newest Oceanus models are released in Japan only but a lot of modules make their way out of Japan and are officially released in other countries a few months later (or maybe a whole year later). Maybe not all versions are exported. In Europe the M700 Oceanus (OCW-M700TCE-7AER) is the newest introduced in April 2008, I think, but in Japan M700 Oceanus was introduced September 2006

Sibe
I got my Oceanus M700 from Japan but I think they were available in the USA at the same time but without the Casio name. I think the Oceanus was the first to receive Casios excellent 5 motor atomic solar module.

I think it is a great watch and still looks absolutely pristine. The PVD coating must be of excellent quality.

Mitch

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's a very cool watch!!! I am looking for something similar in black/black but, hard to find or/either I am really weird!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts