WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says is there anyone who have put a SMP Non America's dial on a 2254.50 watch and how does it look like or is there some one who could do a photoshop maybe. Thanks in advance for any help

David

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Damn, it looks good.

Please Omega......produce this watch combo with a 2500C...

IMO the 2254 is the best SMP out there, add the applied logo and markers, the 2500 movement and .........perfection.

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Here's a quick photoshop, using the photo from Hippo's thread.

It looks the same, other than the bezel.

eric
Why didn't Omega do that in the first place??? :roll: It sure looks first-rate.

~JB

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it does look more or less the same not worth almost 200 dollars if you ask me. If you would do the full haulove that means dial and bezel. It would be smarter to just buy a real smp non america;s cup!

David

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Applied metal Omega instead of the painted on version?:-s

I really have no idea:-(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yep, the applied markers are 100% better IMO. I always thought the extra large lume markers on the non-Bond (well, really...that one too even though I own it) looked a bit out of place, a bit...unfinished. With the metal borders they look much more sophisticated and it gives the watch a more put-together, pricey look, even though it's still a tool watch.

It looks amazing and I just might do this.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yep, the applied markers are 100% better IMO. I always thought the extra large lume markers on the non-Bond (well, really...that one too even though I own it) looked a bit out of place, a bit...unfinished. With the metal borders they look much more sophisticated and it gives the watch a more put-together, pricey look, even though it's still a tool watch.

It looks amazing and I just might do this.
Agreed--one of my favorite aspects of the co-ax Bond is the applied markers and logo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would buy a combination like that in a dead second. When I picked up my SMP it was a decision between that and the PO, liked the PO well enough but the SMP had more of what I wanted. The only thing I have ever wished for in my SMP that it doesn't have is the applied logo and markers. To me that combination has "no-brainer" written all over it. I only wish Omega realized that, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts