WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for my first automatic watch and am stuck between the SNZH55 and the SKX007. I am stearing towards the SNZH55 just because I like the look of it slightly more than the 007.

I have looked around on the internet and i know many people can say how good the 007 is but i cannot find a good review on the SNZH55.

Is it a good watch? im guessing as it uses the same movement as the 007 that it is trustworthy.

Is it possible to swim wearing this watch? I do not intend to be diving of any sorts but it would be good to know if the watch were to get in the water or if i was to swim with it that it would be safe.

Thankyou

HaydenM

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have both and think the design of the SKX line feels/looks a bit more solid. They wear differently though so it would be a matter of choice. All in all you can't miss either way.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have the SKX009 Pepsi and the SNZH57 which is the same watch as the 55 with gold accents. It is a great watch and is very stylish (though I have modded mine to my own 55 fathom homage). It is rated to 100m so it is fine for swimming, but without a screw down crown, I wouldn't recommend it for diving. Additionally, the SNZH has an acrylic domed crystal and bezel cover so it is much easier to scratch. The SKX line has a flat crystal that is much more durable.

It really comes down to what are your requirements. Is this a stepping out watch? Then either is fine. If you're going to wear it as a sports watch or work watch and it needs to take some abuse then go with the SKX.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I do love both watches i think I will first get myself the SNZH55. I prefer its slightly more formal look than the 007. I think the 007 will just have to be number 2 now haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't be lazy! Search for “snzh55 review” or “seiko snzh55 review” on Google. There are a lot of positive reviews about this great watch!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I also have both and have to admit that while i like the SKX007, the SNZH55 is an impressive watch for the price (around $150). It's more dressy than the 007 and I really like the vintage vibe of the SNZH. The domed hardlex crystal and bezel were one of the reasons I bought the watch. The dial is also superb with it's glossy finish and applied indices, looks more sophisticated than the 007. Actually, I liked it so much that I bought the SNZH53 as well.

It all depends of style and use IMO. The SKX is an ISO rated divers (200m) watch while the SNZH is more a sport dressy(100m). With that said, 100m is more than enough for swimming and playing in the water.

Definitely two great watches and the best would be to own both ; )

SNZH55

SNZH53, not the greatest pic to see the beauty of the blue shade of the dial, but that's all I have for now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is my ZH55. WUS forum FFF dial, Omega style hands from Jake B, and Brady sailcloth strap.
Reliable 7S36 movement, Hardlex crystal and bezel insert (really unique), and display back to see the cool mechanics.
One of my favorites, gets a lot of wrist time, highly recommended.

Cheers
Blues52

Seiko SNZH55 Custom 002.JPG Seiko SNZH55 Custom 008.JPG Seiko SNZH55 Custom 014.JPG

·
Registered
779 Posts
I like the two 55's that were my admission into the seiko fraternity recently. Like the retro look of the gild in black. And the all black. Wife got hers first, I got mine a day later.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341278604.609597.jpg

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I have a SNZh55. And I recently returned an SKX. Love the SNZH55. Great watch for the office. Style is fantastic and it's always fun to have the display caseback, eventhough by swiss standards the movement is more utilitarian and not decorated. But, I love it that way. Just fun to see the mechanical movement working.

The SKX (and I'll probably get railed for saying this but)...it didn't float my boat. Just seemed really small and "vanilla" to me. I love massive dive watches like the Armida A1 and Boschette Cave Dweller 2 that I own and compared to those, the SKX just seemed tiny. Had to return it.

If you like massive dive watches or are even thinking about them, I would say get the SNZH55 first, it's a steal. And save the rest of your money for one of the boutique diver brands out there or go for any of the larger Seiko Divers like the SPORK or Frankenmonster or even a Sumo!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This watch looks quite good and seems like good value.

Just wondering, what's the lug to lug length (watch length, not band lug width)?

How's the bracelet? Are the endlinks solid?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine is on the way. Can't wait to see it. What is the III 15 in the date window of both the watches?

I also have both and have to admit that while i like the SKX007, the SNZH55 is an impressive watch for the price (around $150). It's more dressy than the 007 and I really like the vintage vibe of the SNZH. The domed hardlex crystal and bezel were one of the reasons I bought the watch. The dial is also superb with it's glossy finish and applied indices, looks more sophisticated than the 007. Actually, I liked it so much that I bought the SNZH53 as well.

It all depends of style and use IMO. The SKX is an ISO rated divers (200m) watch while the SNZH is more a sport dressy(100m). With that said, 100m is more than enough for swimming and playing in the water.

Definitely two great watches and the best would be to own both ; )

SNZH55

SNZH53, not the greatest pic to see the beauty of the blue shade of the dial, but that's all I have for now.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Mine is on the way. Can't wait to see it. What is the III 15 in the date window of both the watches?
The day wheel has roman numerals and English day on both of my watches. I like the roman numerals so I set the day on it. The III is actually Wednesday, at least, that's what I think since the English wheel shows Sunday in red and the roman shows a red square. I use 'I' for Monday, 'II' for Tuesday...

Hope you like it. I have since put one on mesh bracelet and the black one on rubber. They are very versatile...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah. I like it . It looks great and goes with the vintage look of the SNZH55. Hope mine also comes in a similar option.

The day wheel has roman numerals and English day on both of my watches. I like the roman numerals so I set the day on it. The III is actually Wednesday, at least, that's what I think since the English wheel shows Sunday in red and the roman shows a red square. I use 'I' for Monday, 'II' for Tuesday...

Hope you like it. I have since put one on mesh bracelet and the black one on rubber. They are very versatile...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have both as well as the snzh53 aka the blue version. Get both you won't be disappointed since they are similar but very different

1 - 16 of 16 Posts