WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a couple months and I'm having a heck of a time finding the Tudor BBB in stock anywhere, for any sort of discount, and many are asking over msrp. Having not been able to see it in person yet I finally broke and put 20% down and asked the local dealer to bring one in from one of their other stores in another state. So what do you think my chances of finagling a discount out of them are? Probably not great, but has anyone else out there been able to find a discounted BBB? I just hate (and I mean HATE) paying MSRP for anything.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
You're not saving anything for a while, still hard to find these in stock. Best bet is buying out of state and having an AD ship to you so you save on sales tax.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're not saving anything for a while, still hard to find these in stock. Best bet is buying out of state and having an AD ship to you so you save on sales tax.
Well I am in Oregon so that is one small bonus. We don't have sales tax.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You probably have a better chance getting a discount on a stainless Rolex at this point in time...

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
There are reputable dealers (not ADs) selling new on the forum for a small discount and the watch is AD stamped recently. At they were when I bought mine about 2-3 months ago. I ended up trading for mine though when the watch was only 6 weeks old.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Check out DavidSW right now. He's having (what appears to me) a pretty good sale on an unworn Black Bay Bronze. I have never dealt with him, but you will find hundreds of positive reviews on here and TRF. Best of luck!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You should have asked for the discount before you plopped the 20% down and committed to buying the watch.

I am also lusting after this watch, and am struggling to wait until the prices come down.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have been looking for a couple months and I'm having a heck of a time finding the Tudor BBB in stock anywhere, for any sort of discount, and many are asking over msrp. Having not been able to see it in person yet I finally broke and put 20% down and asked the local dealer to bring one in from one of their other stores in another state. So what do you think my chances of finagling a discount out of them are? Probably not great, but has anyone else out there been able to find a discounted BBB? I just hate (and I mean HATE) paying MSRP for anything.
I sent you a PM

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
DavidSW is awesome to deal with. If he describes a watch in excellent condition it will be LNIB.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
ADs here are selling at retail or even above retail

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I cancelled the piece coming in at my AD. I asked for the discount and they were unwilling to budge. I was on the fence and was considering still buying it until the sales person started just making up BS and lies. Then I got irritated and cancelled. Oh well...
Then I was looking at the "unworn" model available from Davidsw but an hour later it was gone. Oh well again (sigh)... hopefully one of you guys got it.
I'm following up on a few leads suggested by members but I may be back to hunting... again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well I cancelled the piece coming in at my AD. I asked for the discount and they were unwilling to budge. I was on the fence and was considering still buying it until the sales person started just making up BS and lies. Then I got irritated and cancelled. Oh well...
Then I was looking at the "unworn" model available from Davidsw but an hour later it was gone. Oh well again (sigh)... hopefully one of you guys got it.
I'm following up on a few leads suggested by members but I may be back to hunting... again.
yeah, I noticed the new one he had was gone, but he also has (or had) a pre-owned one for $3275 I believe. If you want an unworn, email him and he may be able to source another one. I bought a Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue from him a couple of years ago, and it was a flawless transaction. Good luck.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Does anyone tell me what the MSRP should be from a Canadian AD? I'll be shopping for a Black Bay Bronze soon, and it would be nice to know what the proper MSRP should be.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
If DSW says it's unworn, it's unworn no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
DavidSW gave me the best experience I've had buying a watch ("old style" Tudor Black Bay Black).
Ordered it Sunday afternoon, received a reply with wire transfer instructions Sunday afternoon, initiated the wire transfer Sunday evening, had a FedEx tracking number Sunday night.
Received the watch on Tuesday morning.
That's service!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah, no reason to go the AD route. The day after making my post above, I bought the preowned Tudor bronze that DavidSW had. Received it the next day. Looks like it had never been worn. Dude is top notch, and a real hazard to my bank account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts