WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a One Watch wearing WUS member.

Well I use to be able to say this for sometime but that has been sometime back.

My one and only wear was a Sub that was sold off years back and was worn for almost 7 years. I think I have searched over and over to replace it and many watches have come close to making me a one watch only member here.

Please post your one watch only wear and story if you are or were.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
I recently started a thread similar to this, as although I am not a one watch wearer, it is something I have considered if I found the right watch. A lot of members were not particularly fond of my post, so I'm telling you this is a great and interesting post, but prepare for the trolls!!!!

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
I've been thinking about this a lot the past few days & just don't see how it's possible!After having to sell off my entire collection a year & a half ago I'm now back up to 5 Divers with another about to be PreOrdered & 1 Grail(Mil/Pil Chronograph) that I should be able to fund in another 6 months.That will give me 7 beautiful watches,1 for each day of the week,ALL what I consider to be End Game for me.How could I possibly choose one or more to get rid of?
If I only have a Black dial diver what if I want to wear Orange or Yellow or Turquoise or White?I'll wait patiently for a Guru to show me the path to 1(or maybe 2)watch bliss but won't hold my breath!

Reactions: thejames1 and CB750

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I am a One Watch wearing WUS member.

Well I use to be able to say this for sometime but that has been sometime back.

My one and only wear was a Sub that was sold off years back and was worn for almost 7 years. I think I have searched over and over to replace it and many watches have come close to making me a one watch only member here.

Please post your one watch only wear and story if you are or were.

That is the end game for me. Was up to 12 at one time. Got down to 3. Now back at 5, looking for ways to reduce #s.

But i think i will need at least 2. One beater/tool watch. One business casual/daily wear watch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Ha ha, thought it was a joke.
But seriously, when I was 3 I had a mickey mouse watch, does that count:)

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
OP, I'm confused by your post. Are you a one watch member or not (your WRUW show bunch of divers from Seiko to DeepBlue).?

Theoretically one-watch sounds cool, and Sub comes very close to being universally wearable (beach to suit). But close ain't same as universal. No way would I wear a Rolex working on a car, hiking, or in very poor\shady neighborhoods. Heck, I probably would not wear Rolex to any interview in business enviornment either, as it is a very polarizing brand.
Besides, if you had just one watch, would you come to WUS and post? Would one-watch owner have much to add to discussions? (even though 30% of the discussions do tend to be around Rolex lately)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I grew an extra arm so I could wear three watches.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I recently started a thread similar to this, as although I am not a one watch wearer, it is something I have considered if I found the right watch. A lot of members were not particularly fond of my post, so I'm telling you this is a great and interesting post, but prepare for the trolls!!!!
I don't really think anyone was trolling you in that other thread. It's just that watches as a hobby is not really much of a hobby if you have only one. I understand someone evolving in their hobby from many to one, but I think that is where the hobby dies for the person. Someone on here once asked those who urge others to have small or single watch collections if they would urge stamp collectors to 'seek that one great stamp' and be done. So should they?

·
Registered
Panerai PAM26K, Omega SpeedMaster, Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin, OWC Bond
1,283 Posts
I was a one watch guy. While in the service a Rolex Submariner date (1983-1996). Then an Omega seamaster Pro (1996 - 2010). Been looking around for the next single wear keeper, I like chronographs, but also spend a lot of time in the water. Tried an Omega Speedmaster, got tired of taking it off to keep it dry, a Sinn U1, T2, 556, as well as a Raven vintage, and CCW diver but miss the chrono function. Am now taking the Heritage Chrono for a ride, we'll see if it can stick, or if I'll "need" both a diver and chrono.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts