WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was searching around for the Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT (specifically H77655143 model), and found this shop online. However the price seems too good to be real, it's $150 less than the next best price. I'm guessing this is probably some sort of scam, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever bought from them, or has any info? Here's the site:

http://www.beauty-shoponline.com/product_info.php?products_id=822

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
couldn't find any customer reviews from a quick google search, but a Hamilton X-Wind that has an MSRP of $1395 selling for $538 obviously sends up red flags :rodekaart no way would I order from them, and you know what they say "if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gee, I'm sure hoping someone can check this out and find out that it's above-board, so I can order that Citizen Skyhawk A-T for only $244... :-d

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
They have a purchase minimum of $300.

Their address is 96 Bowery St.5th Floor New York, NY 10013 so if anyone lives in that area,they could check it out. It is rather sketchy since the pictures of their company directors are all white while the store is located in Chinatown...hmmm...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would love to know the answer to this one. Their prices are close to cost. They are making some money at these price (gray) but why not price closer to the market. phone number given.

I would rather buy from WUS members then take this leap unless someone can verify. Both are a risk but I have had all good experiences with WUS. This store pricing is the same as a WUS 90% rated watch.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
They have a purchase minimum of $300.

Their address is 96 Bowery St.5th Floor New York, NY 10013 so if anyone lives in that area,they could check it out. It is rather sketchy since the pictures of their company directors are all white while the store is located in Chinatown...hmmm...

and free shipping on orders over $900.00??? where the hell did they pull that number from...also the website itself just reaks amateur to me, nothing major just a lot of little inconsistencies that make you wonder...like someone said it would be cool if a member who lives in NY would check them out just for curiosity sake

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I definitely get a bad vibe from that site, and prices are just too good. I think I'll wait for a deal to come up on the forum or another site. If anyone does find out more about this company, please add to this thread!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another clue: Enter the address in Google Maps and click on the street view. Looks like the ground floor is a Japanese restaurant and the second floor is a Chinese book store.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mistakenly orderd an Accutron watch this past friday, 5 days ago and did not get any feedback, just that they recieved my money and would update me on the shipment. Their website no longer works if you look it up online.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts