WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Initial google search shows it may be ligit but just wanna see if anyone here bought from them? This one Binger watch for $115 with double tourbillion, kinda insane...

messageImage_1589413060362.jpg

This one made in Japan is $18...

messageImage_1589413034029.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wish . Com has a reputation for selling fake watches. By “fake” I mean replicas as well as literal fakes as in toy watches with sundials that are just painted on. I wouldn’t buy anything from there personally.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Curren are garbage, full stop. Plastic with painted-on subdials and such.

Binger is probably at least made of metal, but it's a Chinese double escapement, and I'm not sure that the 2nd one has a function* or is hooked up to anything. They're not Tourbillons. They're *definitely* not Gyrotourbillons.

Wish is a joke.

*nominally this design is *supposed* to counterbalance the main escapement but in a cheap watch it's all for show.

Reactions: ObiWonWD40

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So glad I asked! I came here to check for responses before going ahead to order the $18 Curren thinking what would go wrong with that price...:-( Joining this forum just paid off:-!

Just found someone commenting on toughnickel's webpage "Is-Wish-App-Legit-Heres-How-the-Prices-are-so-Low" that the Citizen he got from WISH, Angels spelled "Angles" on the inside facing...:roll:

Thanks again, guys.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I was gonna return my Seiko SNE032 I just got today from Amazon (bought to replace the slightly more bulky SNE329 for summer use) to pay for what I'm gonna buy from WISH...Dumb...
messageImage_1589426389983_white.jpg
messageImage_1589426472753.jpg

·
Registered
619 Posts
I bought a Seiko Turtle on Wish. It was a fake. I complained and almost immediately got my money back. I took it apart and found a real Seiko NH36A in it. I kept that and the hands and tossed the rest.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Then why are so many Cinese open heart watches marketed as "tourbillon"?
The same reason there are so many princes in Nigeria... some people like to scam/trick others instead of being honest with their products.

Btw I would have though that Binger themselves wouldn't be describing that watch as a tourbillon, from what I've seen they offer very affordable movements and I haven't seen themselves describing their watches incorrectly (i.e. won't find tourbillon on the dial) - but rather it is the Wish seller that is lying about what that watch actually is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Please allow me to post an example. The first picture shows a genuine Citizen next to a WISH.com Citizen from the top. The second is a close up. The third is the tail/back of each then the final is a close up.
Notice the bezel of the fake (right watch) compared to the authentic (left) On the watch face, many examples of why it is a fake. The authentic watch reads 'eco-drive' whereas the fake reads quartz. Next, the sub dials are sunk in the authentic and painted on AND flush with the fake. There is no fuel slide rule crown (left side on authentic) on the fake. Look at the second hand on both. The authentic is yellow and has wings. Notice how the shape of the case sweeps out to protect the crown on the authentic Citizen. Next, the back has a color authorized symbol of the Blue Angels whereas the fake is engraved on a pop off case back (authentic has a screw down back. Finally, look at the original bands on both.
The picture on WISH.com was of the authentic Citizen but listed as $39.00. The MSRP (I don't usually go by it) is $699.99. I got an authentic off of Amazon on sale for $266.00.
I hope this example answers anyone's questions on purchasing a watch off of WISH.com

·
Premium Member
7,919 Posts
It's just the world's way of saying not everybody's wishes come true.

Or that other classic:

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

·
Registered
347 Posts

I never represented that watch as a Tourbillion. I was only giving anecdotal evidence of what WISH.com is notorious for. My son bought me the watch from wish thinking that even if it is a fake, it would be a nice watch anyway. Shortly after getting it, it broke down. I bought the real thing so my son wouldn't feel bad about buying a POS. And no, I did not and will not tell him. But, by all means, if you want a cheap (as in quality) watch, get what you want off of WISH.com. Don't complain when you realize you bought a cheap POS. And look at the complaints to the BBB about WISH.com. I'm not your momma. Let the buyer beware. Good luck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts