WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SOA on the way, the watch looks great but sometimes it looks upside down to me, I'm not used to the crown being at 8. I was almost considering flipping the dial so the crown would be at 2. Anyone else think of this or do it?

·
Registered
456 Posts
i thought of this. Since I wear the watch on my right hand (being left handed) I htought that the crown would be uncomfortable on my wrist. So far it hasn't been a problem and the watch wears really well..

I know that Jack at IWW could probably do this with no problem, no date wheel, no second hand, etc.. He did it to a SEAL that was recently for sale and it looked fine.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I have never thought of it, but how would it look having the crown at the 2 o'clock? I guess someone needs to do it first, or photoshop it...

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
crowns seem to be popping up in all sorts of positions these days...

but no one has done it at 2: wonder if there is a reason why? Plenty at 3 and 4.
DW

·
Registered
77 Posts
Attached is a quick & dirty photoshop of the SoA with the dial flipped 180 degrees. Hope it helps anyone considering making the change to visualize the end result.

Attachments

·
Banned
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attached is a quick & dirty photoshop of the SoA with the dial flipped 180 degrees. Hope it helps anyone considering making the change to visualize the end result.

Interesting, to me that just looks right. However, I wouldn't want to lose any distictive character of the watch. I'll probalby leave it and see what happens. I can change it any time. since I wear my watch on the right hand, I'll see how it feels with the crown in my wrist. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts