WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if anyone deliberately ages their G-Shock to make it look more worn-in or beat-up, or do you fellows prefer the brand-spanking-new look?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I like the brand new look, and also the naturally aged look. I wouldn't deliberately age one, I'd rather enjoy it looking new, then in time enjoy it looking used. :)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
No way, I prefer a brand new look.

I've seen ppl wearing beat up G-Shock and it looks terrible.
I think it depends. A 'worn' look I can quite like, but if it looks like it was worn by something off an Evil Dead movie and it has flaps hanging off, I'm not too keen. :-d

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Artificially age? Certainly not. It would be like buying reproduction furniture that has been immaculately constructed, and then assaulted with motorbike chains. Pointless.

·
Registered
765 Posts
To me, aged G Shocks don't look as good as brand new G Shocks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't age my G-Shocks deliberately for sure. But then if you do have a weather-beaten watch with 'wabi' it certainly makes you less conscious when you do bang or scrap it against something. Btw that's what I like so much about my flea-market finds... no worries about dings and knocks when I put them on:-!
Here are a couple of them:
DW-9400b_1.jpg
A DW-9400
MTG-500_1.jpg
The MTG-500 I've been wearing the last few days.
Lee

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have some vintage G's that the resin has developed a glossy finish. I wish I knew how get my new ones to shine!!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,552 Posts
I like the brand new look, and also the naturally aged look. I wouldn't deliberately age one, I'd rather enjoy it looking new, then in time enjoy it looking used. :)
I couldn't have said it better. This goes for me too. When new I often even don't dare to wear. When I wear them a few days, it becomes one of my beater watches.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts