WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find bracelet uncomfortable? I keep trying to like it.

It looks Nice but the crown digs into my hand vs on the original
20210121_144835.jpg
loose strap it never does. My gs, omega, Oris, etc all feel better and are a lot less. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
I can't help but feel that Damasko only built a bracelet due to customer pressure - aka Damasko fans repeatedly whining for one. A good bracelet demands a certain level of finesse, a trait Damasko doesn't seem to posses in design and manufacturing. Precise and robust? Most definitely! Subtle and nuanced? Nah...

Don't get me wrong, I love the brand and enjoy wearing my DC80 but I never really considered the bracelet after handling one - it's overbuilt to the point of absurdity. I found the Damasko bracelet to be needlesly heavy and the clasp to do a poor job - opening and closing is a PIA and there's no microadjust at all, which is a deal breaker on a tool watch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weirdly enough I find the bracelet on my DK11 to be one of the most comfortable in my collection. I used to feel a little bit of restriction on wrist due to the lack of taper, but that went away after some time on wrist.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you all let me know how you wear it? Maybe looser just isn't good on this one? Does the crown hit your hand when all the way down?

It feels similar to my Oris looseness but bangs my hand arg.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I definitely wear this one on the tighter side. It's a tool watch after all, seems silly to have it sliding down on the wrist when working. I have it tight enough so that it doesn't move at all.

I can see how you might find the crown digging into your hand if you had the bracelet configured too loosely. Take out a link or even a half-link and see if that works better for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you all let me know how you wear it? Maybe looser just isn't good on this one? Does the crown hit your hand when all the way down?

It feels similar to my Oris looseness but bangs my hand arg.
Maybe I got lucky, but I was able to get an absolute perfect fit using the clasp extensions. I had worn it a link too large for a while and it was just loose enough to get in the way sometimes. Dropping it a link and installing the extensions made it just snug enough to stay in place without being restrictive. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks guys appreciate it will try

Reactions: glassjawTX

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Anyone else find bracelet uncomfortable? I keep trying to like it.

It looks Nice but the crown digs into my hand vs on the original loose strap it never does. My gs, omega, Oris, etc all feel better and are a lot less. Any advice?
Basically no one failsafe answer here, other than try to adjust it so that stays above your wrist bone when arms down, and moving around. Keep it off your hand. Use another strap option when you can't achieve that.

This combo can be hit or miss. But when it "hits", its a stellar, IMHO.

As you noticed, it is a very heavy bracelet. So, gravity being what it is, and adding that weight to an already heavy watch, can cause it to slide down your wrist with more "authority" than the lighter set up. Walking around, swinging your arm, will increase the gravity effect. Once down as far as it can go, if worn loose, it can slide over the wrist bone, and onto the hand, where the watch will tilt, and the crown is free to dig in.

The key, as we all know with this set up, is achieving the perfect fit with the links provided. Then there is the inability to adjust fit "on the fly", as the wrist expands and contracts, which can happen even throughout the day, depending on heat and humidity.

Right now, in the cold winter months, low humidity, and the luck of achieving the right combination of links, I have a perfect fit. Stays put mostly, maybe a little slide down, but not past the wrist bone. Very comfortable. I found I could not get the same comfort with the leather strap, even adding an extra hole. Always slid down, onto the hand.

In the summer, I have found it hard to achieve the same fit with the bracelet. And there is more wrist change throughout the day, so it can start great, and then become uncomfortable. Would sometimes take it off and put in my pocket. In the warm weather, my Damasko often falls out of rotation. I also don't wear this watch when my travel includes flying: changes in wrist swelling.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I find mine to be comfy. But, with my wrist size I never had an issue with any bracelet. I wear it slightly loose. It's never been extremely floppy or constricting when my wrist swells up. Though every so often I will release the clasp but, I do it for all my watches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As far as I m concerned, I m thorn. It really looks amazing and I love the feeling of that ice hardened steel. On the other hand I m afraid that it could not be as comfortable as expected, due that my wrist really gets bigger when temperature increases. That said I own not a single watch with steel bracelet. So far I enjoy the comfort and resilience of the Damasko leather straps. I hope going to the Monostore in Regensburg later this year. Then I will take my time to “play” with watches and bracelets.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Are you wearing the watch on your 'arm' or on your actual 'wrist?' (back of the hand.)

I could never wear a watch up on 'the wrist.' Just seems way too unnatural to me.

I love my DK11's bracelet. Heavy, but so is the watch. I LIKE the heft - and the fit was able to be made a perfect fit on my flattish 6.5" / 165 metric arm.
The bracelet is as comfortable to me as any Rolex, Tudor or other bracelet I own.

My past experience <your mileage may vary> with uncomfortable bracelets is when they were "just slightly too loose."
If you find yourself constantly 'fussing' with a watch/bracelet set, try resizing the bracelet again for a different fit. Sometimes a fit can be just a bit off and that is what is making you uncomfortable.
I see no mechanical reason why the Damasko would not be as comfortable as any other, unless perhaps the total WEIGHT is an added issue.

Just my two cents worth of advice, for whatever information it supplies.

Reactions: noregrets

·
Registered
324 Posts
I ended up having to buy some additional long links to get my bracelet to fit right. The set that came with it weren’t enough to dial it in. But now that I have it dialed in exactly right, it is super comfortable with the exception of the weight.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hey guys i finally got to my watchmaker and he said it would be impossible to take off if he tightened it with links provided since no half links. Luckily he took off the tiny one on the clasp and it doesn't move at all so it doesn't hit my wrist now luckily. I'm not quite used to a bracelet with no give and it is very hard to take it off, but so far its better. Here's how I wear it. Thanks for the advice to tighten it! No more hair pinching at least!
20210306_182344.jpg
20210306_183232(0).jpg

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have found the bracelet to be fussy, but with some trial and error, I figured out that two of the larger links on one side vs. 3 of the smaller ones on the other was a perfect balance. Yes, there is not micro adjustment, but with these 2 larger longs, there are quite a bit of ways to get it to fit nicely. It is not too heavy for me and the sound of the hardened steel is kind of cool, compared to regular SS.

Hope this helps,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts