WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have amassed nearly 60 straps at this point, if we include those that are on my watches. I’m not really sure what I’m ever going to do with these, but I still feel like I need more lol. Please tell me I’m not alone here. Show me your collection - especially those larger than mine - to help me feel normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
I really like you collection!

I'm new to collecting as such and buying watches that are not here yet, but I've also ordered a few inexpensive NATO straps, as well as a few better ones in both leather and metal. I figured I'd like a few to play around with to fine tune my taste. I'm not going to continue doing that though.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Yes.
What's crazy is I've currently only eight watches. Although I have had about 30 overall.
Although I usually wear my watches for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I swap straps much more frequently.

Left to right 24mm, 22mm, 20mm.
IMG_20200325_223524.jpg
When I was into natos I bought some cheap multi bags of stock clearance type deals.
I also buy a lot of straps on sale from Geckota.
So although most of them are all good quality, it's not as much money as it looks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like you collection!

I'm new to collecting as such and buying watches that are not here yet, but I've also ordered a few inexpensive NATO straps, as well as a few better ones in both leather and metal. I figured I'd like a few to play around with to fine tune my taste. I'm not going to continue doing that though.
That’s what we all say lol. In all seriousness, it’s a slippery slope. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes.
What's crazy is I've currently only eight watches. Although I have had about 30 overall.
Although I usually wear my watches for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I swap straps much more frequently.

Left to right 24mm, 22mm, 20mm.
View attachment 14979863
When I was into natos I bought some cheap multi bags of stock clearance type deals.
I also buy a lot of straps on sale from Geckota.
So although most of them are all good quality, it's not as much money as it looks.
Thanks for making me feel sane again haha.

How are the Gekota straps? I’ve yet to order from them but have been lurking on their site for a while. I’m also looking at a few on Straps Co.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Without a strap or a bracelet a watch is no longer a ‘wrist watch’ it probably reverts to being a pocket watch.

Straps are one of the great pleasures of watch ownership, leather, rubber, nylon, canvas or some combination of these elements means that your watch can dress up or down, be sleek and tidy or rustic and well worn, sporting or dressy.

Having dozens of straps is not at all unusual but on reflection, it may point out the depth to which your addiction has reached....

I’ve found that when I have discovered really good makers or manufacturers I tend to go back to them time and again.

It’s by exploring the endless combinations of possibility, that you can truly make a watch your own....it’s a fun journey....enjoy!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without a strap or a bracelet a watch is no longer a ‘wrist watch’ it probably reverts to being a pocket watch.

Straps are one of the great pleasures of watch ownership, leather, rubber, nylon, canvas or some combination of these elements means that your watch can dress up or down, be sleek and tidy or rustic and well worn, sporting or dressy.

Having dozens of straps is not at all unusual but on reflection, it may point out the depth to which your addiction has reached....

I’ve found that when I have discovered really good makers or manufacturers I tend to go back to them time and again.

It’s by exploring the endless combinations of possibility, that you can truly make a watch your own....it’s a fun journey....enjoy!
I agree wholeheartedly. It’s a lot of fun to swap straps every few days/weeks. I just got done changing out 4 straps today, actually. Every time I find a new manufacturer, with a different offering, I end up buying one or ten straps from them lol.

·
Premium Member
8,941 Posts
I have maybe two dozen straps I have no intention of using at this point. Rather more if I count the OEM straps that I expected to replace.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I sometimes look at a prospective purchase vs my existing strap collection and sometimes I think of a combo I may have seen in passing when buying straps. That's why most of my collection are not integrated straps lol. If I do have a hard to find size, I go custom made and my first stop is always cloverstraps.

Heck, I have 5 sneaker boxes of straps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Me...I have too many as well... I tried to go cold turkey once..,but i pulled the trigger for more just a couple of days ago. I'm weak...

Just some of it...
straps pic.jpg

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
As a man with a larger size wrist the first thing I have to do when I get another watch is take the strap off normal straps just will not fit so I have to buy extra long straps. There again changing the strap can make a watch look totally different so quite often worth doing, my only exception is gold to me gold watches never look good unless worn with a nice black leather strap.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have maybe two dozen straps I have no intention of using at this point. Rather more if I count the OEM straps that I expected to replace.
I have a couple OEM straps that I circle back to, but for the most part I swap them out almost immediately upon purchase. I will say, the Citizen Nighthawk bracelet is probably the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sometimes look at a prospective purchase vs my existing strap collection and sometimes I think of a combo I may have seen in passing when buying straps. That's why most of my collection are not integrated straps lol. If I do have a hard to find size, I go custom made and my first stop is always cloverstraps.

Heck, I have 5 sneaker boxes of straps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
5 sneaker boxes?! Wow! I’m jealous. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me...I have too many as well... I tried to go cold turkey once..,but i pulled the trigger for more just a couple of days ago. I'm weak...

Just some of it...
View attachment 14980183
A couple of nice, vibrant, choices there. I feel like my collection could use some color. I’m so stuck on earth tones and muted colors when it t comes to strap purchases.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah, but with Gasgasbones! Not sure, but I just keep buying! I have one on order as we speak!
Welp, looks like I’ll spend some time looking these up now . Thanks for sharing; of never heard of these straps and they look pretty solid. Nice collection.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts