WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Lips are the most common watches I see on the French flea markets or aftermarket online shops (literally hundreds of them) yet most are classy styles, goes from the late 60's to nowadays. Never stumbled upon your specific model though, it looks interesting... Do you know its year of production by any chance? I'm curious.

Nicolas

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Lips are the most common watches I see on the French flea markets or aftermarket online shops (literally hundreds of them) yet most are classy styles, goes from the late 60's to nowadays. Never stumbled upon your specific model though, it looks interesting... Do you know its year of production by any chance? I'm curious.

Nicolas
Nvm, found it: the Lip Galaxie was manufactured in 1975 based on a design by Rudi MEYER. It has a automatic calibre Durowé 7525 lip reference R573. It was declined in 4 versions.

Nice watch, congrats!

Nicolas

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have one with dedicated caseback which tells a bit of a story.

Mrs. Jung
For 25 years of faithfull services
Völklinger Hütte
Völklinger Hütte was an ironworks factory in Germany which was started in 1881 and closed only in 1986.
Today it's a huge industrial museum.

1958 - 25 = 1933 it is the year when Mrs. Jung(maybe not Mrs. back then) started working in that factory.
It means she started working in betweed the two world wars,
made it through the second world war and retired in late 50s.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The seller I bought this from said they bought it in 1974! He had put a new leather lip band on it though. Not sure if it came on leather or bracelet originally but i've never seen one with a bracelet

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is amazing. I don't have any watches with custom inscriptions but would love to add one to my collection some day.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sometimes, for many different reasons, it's useful to wear an elegant smart looking and very accurate watch - even though a battery lurks under cover.
This I acquired with it's original Lip steel bracelet for the price of a coffee and small cake.

Reactions: laikrodukas

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Sometimes, for many different reasons, it's useful to wear an elegant smart looking and very accurate watch - even though a battery lurks under cover.
This I acquired with it's original Lip steel bracelet for the price of a coffee and small cake.

$68?

·
Registered
695 Posts
No. $20. Where does a coffee and cake cost $ 68 ?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
LIP produced some highly innovative designs - but also was Breitling's distributor in France in the 1960s, co-branding the watches for the French market and had a line of lovely Breitling designs produced under the "LIP Geneve" branding, nicest among them a variation of the EPSA monocoque TopTime 810, but with the "big eyes" dial and hands design of the Breitling Co-Pilot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts