WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Because the sub-dial seconds hand is useless for the precise measuring that is required for a chronograph and similarly precise measurement is not needed for normal timekeeping and so the sub-dial is adequate for that.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Pretty much every chronograph works this way.

I think Pulsar do one that has the second hand as the main hand.
Prepare to get lots of people telling you your watch has stopped.

Some of the Citizen watches with Alarm modes as well use the main 2nd hand in "normal time" and then use it as the accurate chrono hand in the "chrono mode".

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Prepare to get lots of people telling you your watch has stopped
:-d I get that all the time with my Eco-Drive chronos! It's actually quite amusing when it happens!

cheers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Some of the Citizen watches with Alarm modes as well use the main 2nd hand in "normal time" and then use it as the accurate chrono hand in the "chrono mode".
This is exactly how my eco-drive chrono works. It's the Citizen BL5250.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
This Pulsar bullhead has a constant running secondhand. The 3 'o clock subdial is for timing seoncs.
PM3015X1.jpg

This Citizen has 3 buttons 1 crown. One of the three buttons changes the secondhand mode in constant running or for timing.

Citizen_chrono.jpg

I actually prefer the secondhand at twelve. The Pulsar bullhead confuses me. I often think I engaged the chrono.

When glancing a quartz I often have the impression that the seconds linger longer in time. I have to take a second look to actually see the hand moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts