WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My GW-056e-1ver went completely bonkers yesterday. After being in some very strong light (the watch showing fully charged on display and synchronised L3 on time indicator) then going into a dark area I noticed that the watch had reset itself to Jan 2000 12:00am, the power and signal indicators were empty and it was flashing up a tiny sign which I think said 'dns'. The watch was counting time on the display from the time above.

It was unresponsive to all button inputs for 10 minutes, but it finally allowed me to attept a manual sync. It failed 3 times even though the signal indicator said the strength was L3. Finally, on attempt 4, the watch synced perfectly and it has now been running as normal all day today.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Anyone know what causes it? I suggest that perhaps it was a sudden large drop in voltage to the cell screwing up the watch somehow but I hope someone here may know better!

:thanks

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I've had mine show a completely "blank" face after being in strong light for a couple of hours. After removing from the light source for a few minutes, the watches come back to life, but they have never reset.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Well, I hope I never see that happen to one of mine! I'd sure like to find out which ones (models) are more susceptable to this reaction. I've heard of going blank but never what you described with the time and date.

How many hours of very stong light? And what sort of very strong light? That's what I want to know!

Derek J.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like your watch got an electric signal shock, external or internal, that made it reset.

Konrad.

Hi guys,

My GW-056e-1ver went completely bonkers yesterday. After being in some very strong light (the watch showing fully charged on display and synchronised L3 on time indicator) then going into a dark area I noticed that the watch had reset itself to Jan 2000 12:00am, the power and signal indicators were empty and it was flashing up a tiny sign which I think said 'dns'. The watch was counting time on the display from the time above.

It was unresponsive to all button inputs for 10 minutes, but it finally allowed me to attept a manual sync. It failed 3 times even though the signal indicator said the strength was L3. Finally, on attempt 4, the watch synced perfectly and it has now been running as normal all day today.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Anyone know what causes it? I suggest that perhaps it was a sudden large drop in voltage to the cell screwing up the watch somehow but I hope someone here may know better!

:thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts