WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone bought a selfmade watch from Fewsome.com?
I saw the site and tought it was a great idea, but before I buy one (they are around 125 euro) I want to know if their quality is good.

What I know about them:
- movement: citizen miyota 8205 (automatic) or a Citizen Miyota OS20 (quartz chronograph)
- casing: stainless steel or a black case? (anyone knows what they use, PVD?)
- you can make a costum dial, but I dont think you get any lume that way? (only the hands got lume then)
- sapphire glass

Here is 1 design with a costum dial (124 euro):
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Another design without a costum dial (104 euro):
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

So, if anyone got any info about them or got a watch from them, please tell me! :p
Or tell me if you think it is worth it to make your own dial for this money?

http://www.fewsome.com/

·
Registered
872 Posts
Thanks for the link - quite an interesting site. At this price range, it would be difficult to go wrong too.

Once I get my shipping address settled down, I think I'll give this a shot for my next "beater".

((Interestingly, as you note they use citizen movements, and I found one of their second hands to be from Tissot, distinguishable by the T shaped counterweight, which lends credibility that the parts used are of decent enough quality, this is pure speculation however))

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
What a great website, thanks for posting. I spent the last half an hour designing a truckload of great watches:-!

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I just checked out the link. An interesting way to sell watches! It looks like they have an assortment of standard parts and they build your selection like Lego. I found myself getting lost in small options, even saved a design or two. If I didn't already have way too many watches I would love to try one of these. Maybe I'll keep playing around and find the magic combination.... :-!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, yeah the site is really addictive, I was surfing on it in the beginning for about 2 hours straight.

If you made a nice design please share!
And I am really curious about someone who got one (pictures!).

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
There was a post in another section of WUS asking the same question, but it had no responses. Here's a post on Independent Watch Projects about them, with a few photos of their watches: introducing: Few Watches | independent watch projects

I've been playing with the site for the last couple of weeks. It is very impressive how easy it is to put together cool looking watches. The custom dial editor takes a little toying around to figure out, but it is quite good.

I've exchanged a few emails with the company about bugs in the site, and a few questions. It turned out that one of the watches that I had designed, and was strongly considering buying, wasn't actually doable; they can't do custom dials for the chronographs. I also asked about the different logos/names "few" and "fewsome"; they said that they've had to change their name to "fewsome" for legal reasons. They've removed that ability from the site now. They have been very responsive to everything I've sent.

They certainly seem like fantastic value with sapphire glass in an auto for as little at $155 (+ shipping). I'm a little annoyed about my chrono, but I'm still considering them. Someone certainly needs to be the guinea pig for this forum...

They are open to walk ins/visitors, so if anyone is in Stockholm, perhaps you could go in and get a feel for what they look like in person.

I posted a couple of designs to queries yesterday:
Watch Analog watch Orange Watch accessory Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Orange Strap

My skiing watch that they can't actually do:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory White Fashion accessory

And some more:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah someone needs to buy one! XD
Maybe I will, I will try contacting them tommorow about my design, if its doable.

Too bad my brother just left Sweden and came back home, he could have visited the company.
I dont know if it is allowed but on this forum I found some examples allready: http://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11577
(this forum seems offline atm, or I am banned lol)

I like your watch design on the bottom left, the one with the bigger numbers.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Interesting idea. I saw another website trying this, but they were charging absolutely insane prices for watches with stock ETA movements. Price might be a bit high for people living outside of Europe though. They also really need to get a english website.

None of their stock designs on their front page look very special though...the custom dial in the OP on the other hand, is vey unique and looks good.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
They also really need to get a english website.
Ian, if you click on the flag in the upper right corner, then a drop-down menu will include many different languages.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting idea. I saw another website trying this, but they were charging absolutely insane prices for watches with stock ETA movements. Price might be a bit high for people living outside of Europe though. They also really need to get a english website.

None of their stock designs on their front page look very special though...the custom dial in the OP on the other hand, is vey unique and looks good.
Thank you.
You can upload own pictures into their website and put them on your dial, but you need to register for that (doesnt take long).
Maybe it is good idea to make the dial first in image software (example: photoshop) and then just instert only 1 image in the dial and adjust the size.

Their site is in alot of other languages. In the upper right corner you can change the language. Designa din egen klocka | Fewsome.com

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Thank you.
Maybe it is good idea to make the dial first in image software (example: photoshop) and then just instert only 1 image in the dial and adjust the size.
In general, a picture won't print out as sharp as a vector graphic, so I'd do all numeral and markers in their tool, if at all possible.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
In general, a picture won't print out as sharp as a vector graphic, so I'd do all numeral and markers in their tool, if at all possible.
Have you ever tried picture watch?
Under Personalized watches > Create a picture watch.

Maybe that one works better for pictures, it cost more then a costum dial too.
I have send them an e-mail about it, I will post the reply when I get it.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm yeah.

I found another interessting link, this is a website who sells 4 watches from fewsome.
Fewsome - Bubbleroom

If you look at the pictures carefully, the difference between the advertised picture and the real photo seems big.

Advertised:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Brown

Real picture:
Analog watch Watch Product Fashion accessory Strap

Were is the shinny grey dial gone? :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
To be fair, a lot of times these sort of dials will look like a solid colour in certain lighting conditions, and the "sunburst" will show in others. I wouldn't be so quick to judge it off of just that picture.
Oke, maybe this website doesn't know how to make pictures :(

I asked fewsome.com questions about my design (OP), if it was possible to print pictures like that and they said: "it will work with our dial printer".
And maybe there is a bug on the webpage: If you choose personalized watch > create a picture watch the price will be higher then if you just make a costum dial.
So, if you want to upload a picture go to design your own dial, and dont use picture watch.
On the costummer support they said that the prices needed to be the same, but they are not. They will fix it.

Another thing:
- some standard dials from fewsome got lume, I got it comfirmed on these 2:
http://www.fewsome.com/shop/watch/?id=52381
http://fewsome.com/shop/watch/?id=172755
- costum dials don't got lume

1 - 20 of 96 Posts