WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I've become some what of a watch enthusiast over the past year or so and have spent many hours on this forum reading up and researching many different topics.

I was recently in the Azores and came across this watch in a small jewelry shop. The dial color caught my eye and I found it very interesting. The sales woman said it was a portuguese brand but I think she is incorrect.

It was fairly inexpensive and since I liked it, I purchased it. After trying to search it on google and this site I have come up with nothing. Anyone ever come across this brand? The dial lists Antichoc but the back reads Stainless Steel. I popped of the case back and there are no markings that I see.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on how old the watch might be and where from. Any help identifying is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! French was one of the first things I thought, due to the name and style. It also says Antichoc which I hear is common on French watches. I had read that the term antichoc might date it to 50s or 60s but I think 70s might be more realistic. Although by the amount of dust in the case it came out of it may have been a hundred years old :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts