WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my understanding that Boccia is the only company in the world that makes all their watches out of titanium but I've never heard of them. Nor do I know where they are made.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Chris B. said:
That much I found myself but it doesn't tell me anything like where they are manufactured.
Odds are its made in China if it doesn't say "Swiss made " on the label. If it simply says "Swiss" its a Swiss movement installed in a Far Eastern factory. My Tommy Bahama Panama Pilot watch, which is a Breitling Navitimer homage, is manufactured by the Geneva Watch Group. Chunky watch with a cool strap. The Chinese install good Swiss or Japanese Miyota quartz movements so go right ahead and buy one. You're still getting a solid watch for the money. As for automatics, the jury is still out on them although Lexus movements have improved to the point where they're dependable in $50 Alpha watches. Where the Chinese haven't made their reputation (yet) is in the mid to high end watch brand market, where the Swiss and Japanese dominate. But this is a forum for affordable watches and as long as they keep time, people are not going to be overly picky about where they pick up a watch as long as it does what a watch is supposed to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's my understanding that Boccia is the only company in the world that makes all their watches out of titanium but I've never heard of them. Nor do I know where they are made.

According to
http://www.titaniumexposed.com/boccia-titanium-watches.html, "Boccia watches are produced in Hong Kong by a subsidiary of Tutima Germany. Swiss and Japanese watch movements are used."

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
My understanding of the brand was that they were owned by Tutima and are a more affordable alternative. I was considering one when I was in the market for my first all titanium watch and they were recommended to me. I guess their relationship with Tutima is not unlike ESQ with Movado or Tudor with Rolex. If you're looking at getting one I wouldn't hesitate; They seem to have good specs from what I've seen.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I had a civilian 'Bund' for a while -

There was nothing wrong with it. I think they were even a bit 'sought after'.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I don't know exactly what metals the OMEGA Aqua Terra is made out of but they are non ferrous . So OMEGA may have at least one TI watch. But I have never heard of Boccia just BOCCE Balls.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, funny thing:this just showed up at the door. I noticed that ad last week and decided to give it a shot because I've been looking for something that looked kind of like a NOMOS for a while. Those Rodina pieces are sold out in white (I have the black and it is nice). Anyway, I got this and it is actually a pretty nice piece. It came very quickly (ordered 3/27). And, they included some nice brochures, there are a lot of products in addition to watches. I'd say go for it, I did and they look nice and it is running OK (for a few hours).

DSC00171.JPG DSC00172.JPG

·
Registered
358 Posts
Boccia watches are apparently marketed much more strongly in Europe and the UK than they are in the US.
They are well made, and many of the designs are quite nice, especially for relatively inexpensive quartz watches. I have several, and they have served well for every-day use.
(As far as I know, the open-heart design above is the only mechanical watch they make.)
They are easily available on Amazon UK, for prices that are sometimes as little as half as much as on the US website (Boccia.com)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's my understanding that Bertucci are all titanium cased as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I like a lot of the designs.

I wish they had more mechanical / automatics, though.

The design your own watch feature is pretty cool.

Here's my attempt:
Design.png

·
Registered
358 Posts
Boccia only has one mechanical watch design (two colors), and it's currently being closed out on the American web-site.
For now, anyway, they are basically a company that makes quartz watches only.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts