WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just a weirdo? I recently bought an Alpina Extreme Diver, the newest orange model and I love this watch so much i'm seriously considering buying another just to have a perfect backup. To me it sounds absurd since its such a nice watch i only wear it on weekends. My day job is manual labor so my Seiko gets the daily use. My Alpina goes into the velvet lined box until the weekend.

In reality i'm very good with my watches. I have a Seiko Sports 100 i bought new in 1984 and with the exception of some scuffs and scratches from a motorcycle accident its in awesome condition. So i say to myself " this is insane...you could barely afford the first one...why do you need a second 'backup'". And i insanely reply to myself..."well you can never be too sure...theft, some unforseen mechanical failure, fire, could fall overboard one day sailing, i could drop it and put a gouge in its perfect case etc..."

Am i alone in my strange obsession or are there others of you that have/do this on occasion? Do i need to seek out a 12 step program or is my mind still healthy?

·
Premium Member
12,813 Posts
Sort of.....I enjoyed my Jazzmaster Viewmatic so much that I purchased a Jazzmaster Seaview.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Yes, I bought three of the same. How stupid is that?

·
Premium Member
69,490 Posts
If you bought the same watch in the same colour that could be construed as a bit OTT but the same watch in different dial colours if a different story.

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
Sort of, but my love for the watch isn't why. I bought my son one of the same watches I have for myself. Does that count?

It looks like the member who's post is below is really into Submariner NDs.

and my small collection...

All the best.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
" Yes, I bought three of the same. How stupid is that? "

Ok great....most people buy one watch....the other extreme is some people buy three of the same watche so technically two of the same falls squarely in the middle and is perfectly healthy...Might have to warm up the credit card....

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I haven't purchase it yet, but I love my Halios Blue Laguna so much that I will most definitely buy the Black/grey bezel one.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Not yet!

But fully intend to buy a Blue and Red Sistem 51 soon as they filter through to my backwaters, as I think they are a milestone in Automatic movements.

·
Premium Member
22,351 Posts
Reactions: Medusa

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I once had these 2 tool divers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,566 Posts
No, but I completely understand your thinking. I've certainty done the same with shoes and more recently with watch straps - I love the strap on my Speedy Reduced so got another two made.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422213201.997543.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422213231.998079.jpg

·
Banned
10,075 Posts
6 Breitling Seawolf
3 Breitling SOH
2 Omega Broad Arrow
3 Halios Bluerings
3 Tudor BB
2 Omega PO XL
3 Seiko Sumo's
2 Tag Caliber 16 Carrera
2 Zodiac Dragon Wings
7 Zodiac Oceanaire's

Do you think I have a problem?
Are each of them exactly the same? If so, yes, unless you are retailing them. LOL

All the best.

·
Registered
15,834 Posts
Yeah, but at different times o| . . .

1 - 20 of 73 Posts